View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolwë_Namiel View Post
Also, unlike his father before him, he chose to fight Morgoth. It was a willful act of heroism, some may say stupidity, not a "murder".
Good point there.

Quote:
Did the murder of his father spur him on? I suspect as much as the devastating events that saw the death of so many Noldor.
Possibly. Mybe it was every devastating event that happened in his life, magnified under his despair. Or maybe the memmory of the Doom of Mandos, and the consequences of not following Finarfin. It's the thought that nothing could save te Noldor. I don't want to say that he payed to much heed to the Doom, but I don't know how to word it properly.

The book descrides him as "fey", and he probably looked so, and probably was so (I mean, no sane person would challenge Morgoth to a combat). But on the other hand, he's as sane as ever, evn if desparate and despairing. Interesting. I'll think about that in my spare time.