Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #9390
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
BYWATER: Battles are now mostly internal. Except for this one.
ORODRUIN: It reeled, it belched; the Ring was squelched.
OVER: Describes the Third Age, by the final sentence.
KINGS' NORBURY: As foretold, the crownless becomes it. But add a sleepy town and end up here? Sounds like it!

VALANDIL: Wrecker, starting on igloo and/or its library? All very confused. Mentioned in lineage, to stake a claim.
IORHAEL: He goes where they might call him this? Perhaps unlikely, perhaps not – but an apocryphal letter will thus address his namesake.

And the where of the clue is where he'd be maybe called Iorhael, so the he is Frodo anyway.

Valandil indeed - taking IL initials either from 'its' and 'library' or from 'igloo' and 'library.' Plus VANDAL, of course.

I confess that it's the memory of Andrew Seear's Faramir saying 'Elessar of the line of Valandil' in the crowning scene that led me to choose the answer for V.

Well done, both, and over to Huinesoron.

You said you liked these clues, hS. Would it be retchingly soppy to say that it's because I love Frodo so much that the clues largely based around his swan-song were made with especial care and affection?

Last edited by Pervinca Took; 04-30-2020 at 01:46 PM.
Pervinca Took is offline   Reply With Quote