View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 12:02 PM   #6
Son of Númenor
A Shade of Westernesse

Son of Númenor has just left Hobbiton.
This is a great idea, Fordim. I have a loosely formed mental image of almost everyone who I interact with here, as well as prototype images like "annoying newby", "Legolas lover" (eerily similar, although one is male and the other female, respectively), and "the Quiz Room BDer". I probably fall under the former category, but hey, I know what I look like.

Here are a few BDers who I try to picture based on their posting personalities:

Kransha - A wiry, sinister looking Brit, with a prominent nose, spectactles and a Van Dyke. He probably wears a leather jacket and smokes cigarettes. Sorry, Kransha, for adding another unflattering verbal drawing of you to what Fordim already said, but your self-proclaimed evilness makes it easier.

The Barrow-Wight - Tall, dark-haired, with dark, intense eyes that will quickly lighten up with a good laugh. It is a vague picture, but distinct from my images of other BDers nonetheless. This is by no means intended as shameless sucking-up, but I picture the B-W rather the same as I picture Beren when I read The Silmarillion.

This is fun. I will do more later, when I've read what other people write.

Has anyone seen the Chat Mod/Wight pics? I can't get the image of Gregory Peck out of my head whenever I read one of Mithadan's posts.

Here is a list of BDers, in alphabetical order, who I picture as their avatars (however unrealistic the pictures are):

Durelin (the old, less creepy one)
Fordim Hedgethistle
The Perky Ent (the old Calvin one, not Strong Bad)
Rimbaud
Saucepan Man, The
Squatter of Amon Rudh, The
"This miserable drizzling afternoon I have been reading up old military lecture-notes again:- and getting bored with them after an hour and a half. I have done some touches to my nonsense fairy language - to its improvement."
Son of Númenor is offline   Reply With Quote