View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #137
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Night 2 Starts

The crowd was gathered around the place where they found the dying man that morning. Accusations flew high, and chaos was among the people. One knew not what to do or how to proceed. Among the confusion stood an aged man, proud and silent. His eyes were thoughtful and his beard almost white. So wise the men deemed him to be that the people begged him, all as one, to give them counsel.

“Counsel you shall have from me,” he said, “and more”. All were now looking intently at him, even the youngsters, surveying his face. The more they looked the more wisdom the old man seemed to attain. “You have heard your neighbours speak among themselves,” the man began, and the people nodded their agreement. “You know what a true Faithful would say.” More nods from the people. “I know what a true Faithful would say.” Shouts of “Aye!” are heard. “Yet there are three among us who cannot possibly say it, for they are not of the Faithful. Therefore I say to you: think! Which people do not speak like the Faithful should? Which ones sound like frauds?” His eyes went around the circle of men and stopped on one face. The others followed his gaze.

“What say you to that?” someone asked the man.

“I say that there is no taint on me!” he replied with heat, and with a trace of fear. Men around him began to shout. He protested. He reasoned with them. He replied to one of them, but for each answer he gave ten new accusations were thrown at him. Finally, the old man said,

“Are you a King’s Man in disguise?”

“I am not!”

“But do you not think that with all the evidence these good people have gathered you cannot not be a King’s Man?”

“...I think... Therefore I am – according to you! To you and all the rest of you! What happened to my brothers? My brothers, who but a day ago would have risked their life for mine! And now I am a King’s Man!” His anger and resentment was beyond words. With a desperate gleam in his eyes, he raised his fists and looked about like an animal trapped in a cage. Someone laughed.

A stone whizzed through the air and hit him on the head. Another followed. The man hid his head under his arms. More stones flew. In a matter of ten minutes, it was done. And nothing happened. The villagers perceived now with horror that they have indeed killed one of their own, an innocent ordinary man. The old man closed his eyes.

ALIVE:

Morsul
Nerwen
Inzil
Lottie
Shasta
Manwe
PomPom
The Phantom
sally
Boro
Steve
Brin

DEAD:
G55, the hesitant King’s Man (modess) – stabbed on Night1
Eomer (ordo) – stoned on Day1

Night people, do your job. KMs, PM me your kill. Elendil, Anarion - names.