View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 06:37 PM   #5
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
Perhaps you should read the bible a bit more. The lessons one usually derives from the book haven't seemed to hit home as of yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofUgluk View Post
Well , 10 views and not a single reply , i've heard this is the most useless tolkein forum on the net, this proves it
It was pretty rude.
Everyone who reads a post doesn't always have the time or inclination to respond, especially on a week day when many are at school or work.

And, for what it's worth, I don't think there's a clear parallel between the parting of the Red Sea and the Bruinen.
As Huey notes, the circumstances are markedly different.

The event in the Bible was not only a means for the People of God to cross a barrier, but was also meant as a demonstration that God was to be trusted.

The flight of the Ring-bearer was an emergency situation. Though Gandalf did not explicitly say so, I think the "flames" seen by Frodo were done by him, since his ability with fire is demonstrated many other times.

Last edited by Inziladun; 03-17-2021 at 06:45 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote