View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 12:01 PM   #67
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White-Hand

For all the new gamers, let me clarify the Shire's view on using 'SAVE' in an RPG, from The Red Book of Westmarch:

Reasons for 'SAVES' in RPG's:

Often, writers, because of work schedules, or time zone differences cannot post when the majority of the other players are on. In order to keep the game rolling along, they will post a 'SAVE' when they note a part of the game they need to respond to. They can then make their posts when their schedules are free to do so.

Uses:

To provide an opportunity for the writer have a space where he/she can insert a post so that it will follow logically in the storyline.

Rules:

Keep the 'SAVE' option to a minimum. Don't use it for a crutch, thinking you will get back to the post later - this usually doesn't happen.

** 'SAVE's should be gone back to and posted on within a 24 hour time period.(& preferably less time than this) **

'SAVE's should contain a brief, even one sentence description of what the poster intends to post about.

Other writers are free to post after a 'SAVE' has been put on a space. It is the responsibility of the writer who has posted the 'SAVE' to work within the posts before and after it.

If you decide you are not going to use a 'SAVE', then it is your responsibility to DELETE it from the game.