View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:07 PM   #32
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Name: Depending on the crowd, it might be Steve, Aiwendil, Harry Potter, Romulox, or Death.

Quest: To achieve immortality, attain enlightenment, and maybe even - someday - learn to whistle.

Favourite Colour: Somewhere in the far infrared to microwave range.

Most beloved Tolkien character: Turin, with Radagast a close second

Least beloved Tolkien character: Tinfang Warble

Worst habit: Is laziness a habit?

Best habit: Hmm . . . well, I always rewind tapes when I'm done with them. That's got to count for something. (Yes, I still use VHS).

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: I'm going to lie and say I'm above that.

Weirdest hobby: Finding large palindromic prime numbers.

Best place in Middle Earth: Gondolin.

Best place outside of Middle Earth: The house at the shore we went to every year when I was little.

Most embarrassing moment: I've put in too much time trying to repress these to throw all that work away by putting them in print.

Most daring moment: Well . . . I seem to have repressed these too. It's not that I haven't undertaken any feats of tremendous daring, you understand. It's not that I'm a meek nerd who can barely survive the mundane hurdles of every day life. It's just that for some mysterious reason all my bold exploits escape me at the moment.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Brad Dourif

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Liv Tyler

Theme song: The "Harry Potter" main title (not my favourite piece of music, you see, but the fact is that it's my theme).

Style guru: What's style? You mean like the needle on a record player?

Most crucial accessory: Used to be my graphing calculator, but I'd say it's lost that position to my relatively new laptop.

Greatest weakness: Probably the underbelly, just like a dragon.

Greatest strength: I can name the first 50 elements in order - in one breath.

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: The Revised Silmarillion project

Best Downer Buddy: Aside from the small Revised silmarillion group, I'd have to say Mister Underhill, a fellow defender of the Star Wars prequels, and The Saucepan Man, with whom I seem to agree in every debate (save, sometimes, the quality of the movies).

Parting shot: Espresso, though I usually order a double shot.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote