View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 07:30 AM   #101
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Granted I didn’t go line by line of the thread. But a quick search for the word “knocking” shows only one mention of the young Habbits knocking holes in the wall, and is used to show youngsters being more adventurous than adult Hobbits.

Now granted they seem to be youngsters but breaking down walls seems to need more discipline than “hey you kids get out of here!” Which simplified seems to be Frodo’s reaction.
Well, we ARE told elsewhere--in this same chapter, I believe--that Hobbit parents are rather easygoing. But, perhaps, this laxity on Frodo's part is proof of that rare temperament amongst Hobbits for NOT rearing children (Bilbo and Frodo are very much oddities for not having families, and there's nothing I read in Frodo's actions from this chapter to the end that indicates any sort of regret about this fate.)