View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #37
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
Matthew..... look, lets be brutally honest here. You don't like me and have a real problem with me. Months ago, you told me to leave here and your animosity has only grown since then. Now its a full blown case of anger which shows in your nearly every post that has something to do with me.

Quote:
Your comments were disrespectful to me, StW, and I will post whatever topics I please concerning my grudges with the films. Hair color is a big deal to me. Get over it. Alatar said it best - to each his own.
Quote chapter and verse and I can respond in kind. Vague generalities do not lay any foundation for your claim.

I do not speak for you. My mind does not work that way. But I can look at what you wrote and state what it means to me. That is what we all do.

You are grasping at straws. You post clearly was looking to poke some holes in Jacksons movies. Period. You did not like the treatment of Gilmi on Balins tomb or on the chair of the Steward. Both of those are things YOU SAW IN THE MOVIES.

Hair color. You tell me to get over it. Your individual obsession with your idols hair color borders on being a bad joke. Your complaining about it saying its suppose to be black (again with the books) while in the movies it was brown, makes 14 year old starstruck girls sound rational.

Here is your latest example of irrational postings:

Quote:
How in the world are you going to continue to preach on how movies are movies and books are books? I understand that these are two very different medias, and the films have to be treated in a certain way - but the fact remains that Peter Jackson was basing his films on J.R.R. Tolkien's beloved books.

There are some things in the films that should not have been, for they are contrary to the books.
Peter Jackson, through Saul Zaentz and New Line, had to the right to any darn thing they pleased to do with those books. And when JRR Tolkien sold those rights to UA he knew it. He said as much in his letters when he said he was opting for money over art.

Peter Jackson has no obligation to put any one scene, any one character, any certain hair color in his movies based on anything that Tolkien wrote. No obligation of any kind. He had the right to do anything he wanted with those books.

He could use what he wanted to use.

He could cut what he wanted to cut.

He could change what he wanted to change.

He could add what he wanted to add.

And it was JRRTolkien himself who gave him that right. Nobody else.

Peter Jackson cannot change one page, one paragraph, one word, on item of punctuation in LOTR. He does not have that right.

And thats because movies are one thing while books are quite another.

JRRTolkien knew that.
Peter Jackson knows that.
I know that.
Its too bad that you claim to know that but it still seeps into your reasoning like polluted water fouling a clear stream.

You want to play nice. Fine, I can play nice. You want to take off the gloves and play rough. I can do that too. Believe me young man, you have not seen anything yet.

I prefer nice and civil. But be forewarned. Think about what you want to do with this direction.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote