View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #34
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I think that is the proper and very legitimate approach in discussing the films.~Sauron
I can agree with that...for me though what I find disrespectful in a book is most likely what I will also find disrespectful in a movie. Anyway, as I said, I thought the approach to Gimli standing on Balin's tomb was a good one, and a good argument.

Quote:
And I think they had far greater things on their minds than the mere courtesy extended to a chair and who it did or did not represent.
But here I will have to bring up the books, because Aragorn (even amidst a war that would decide the fate of everyone) had the courtesy and respect to not walk into Minas Tirith while there was still political turmoil. The Last Debate was held outside the walls, and despite Aragorn being urged to claim the Kingship, he denies precisely because there is a war going on and he doesn't want Gondor to be dragged further down into this political vaccuum. Yes Aragorn could have made the claim to the throne, and probably would have been accepted, but he had the respect and decency to know that Sauron was still the enemy.