View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #32
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
As for Aragorn, he could and would have the right to sit on, tear down, color all over, feed his dog, have his friends sit on any seat in the hall. After all he was King. And it's good to be the King.~Quempel
Aragorn wasn't crowned King just yet, so he actually couldn't just do whatever he pleases. And the attitude of "I'm King I do what I want" never seems to historically work out for the Kings who felt that way. Even Kings have boundaries and etiquette to follow. Aragorn has enough dignity to not trash the Steward's throne. Seeing as he let's Faramir hold the office of Steward, even after becoming King, Aragorn definitely has more respect for HIS country...even if he likes beheading messengers (oops that's part of a different discussion )

Quote:
We are discussing the merits, or lack of merit, to the depiction of Gimli on Balins tomb and later on Denethors throne. Both are film scenes and have nothing to do with the books.~STW
Actually the discussion has very much to do with the books. As much as one might like to try and keep the two seperate, it's impossible to do so because it is the same story. This tends to happen when you get the disclaimer at the beginning of the movies..."based off of ________"

The bottomline being Gimli is a character who gets reduced to disrespectful and at times gross humour. Standing on Balin's tomb doesn't seem to be so much so as reclining on the Steward's throne having a smoke. And just to point out what WCH already did, Faramir was the Ruling Steward at this time, so Denethor abusing his power and being dead is not a valid excuse (at least in my opinion).