View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 05:16 AM   #786
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Staying in invisible mode even though you are not currently playing.
Guilty.

At first, I didn't like the idea of turning invisible. I remember ages ago, someone started up a stalker thread and I sort of enjoyed the idea of being stalked on the Downs. But once I switched to invisible mode, I can't get myself to change back. I don't know...I guess I like feeling sneaky.

More signs/symptoms:

-Whenever a ww game is over, you can't help but wiggle in your chair, anxiously waiting for the next one to start. At least when you're killed off, you still have a game to watch, but when it's all over, I just don't seem to know what to do with myself (even though really I have plenty to do...it's just all happens to be RL stuff I'd rather not do).

-When you're doing research for a paper, and whenever you come across an article about a particular country, you can't help but to think of a Downer. For some reason, I kept coming across Danish articles even though I was researching about the American family, and each time I was somehow easily reminded of Rune. And now I'm using an article that does a study about intercultural relationships in Finland by an author from the University of Jyväskylä for a frame text (you may wonder how this article relates to the American family, but I promise you...I'm making it work..). But each time I look at this source, I can't help but think, "Hmm...I know people from Finland. Maybe only online, but..."

-Lastly, I think I might've posted this one years before, but: You know you're addicted when you're an American who starts spelling the English way. It can be a nuisance whenever that nasty red underline appears on Word. Plus, I remember I was marked down in an essay a few years back because the teacher claimed I was spelling certain words wrong. Stupid U.S. spelling...it has never made sense to me. I mean, when do you ever pronounce the 'z' in realize?