View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 10:19 AM   #39
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

ABOUT SHIPS OF GONDOR

We really have no clear picture of what the Gondorian Navy was like. We can assume they were fairly advanced, since they drew on the ship/sailing knowledge/skills of the Numenoreans.

I'm sure the ships will be ships of war, not merchant type since this is a battle oriented RPG.

Since both the ships from Gondor will paraticipate in the battles, what I would suggest is that Folwren and Alcarillo PM or discuss on the planning thread how they would like their ships to be, how they're manned, what sorts of equipment they want on them, etc. They don't have to be exactly the same.

As long as there is some consistency between the two Gondor Navy ships, it should be fine.

HERE'S and interesting site for looking at ships - you can also check out the section on ships in Resources for RPG's in the Shire for info about sailing in general - types of ships, nautical terminology, etc.

Hope this helps!

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 10-04-2005 at 10:24 AM.