Thread: ReVerse
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 10:50 AM   #1
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
ReVerse

The thing I'm going to present to your attention started off as a feat of Another Way Round quotes game, when instead of reversing the prose quote, I chose some versified fragment of Tolkien's work to puzzle participants with. I liked the idea so much that I troubled myself with the turning inside out of poems as a whole, fruit of my toil to be given below

The idea is to reverse the entire meaning of the poem, but try and retain the form and 'spirit' of it.

The originals are in italics

So, here we go (and, of course, join in):

EDIT: I've added up a poll. Though we have other effective ways of getting feedback - that is, reputation system, I've found that fellow B-Downers tend to be kind and use it to provide mainly positive feedback. Suppose somebody disliked the idea heartily, but refrained from rating me or other on the thread down due to kindness and generosity - the poll would be the good way for them to tell us what they think about the issue. If you're not sure wich correspondents to your opinion in a more precise way, be free to choose two answers - it's allowed. But hurry - the poll will be up for three months only END OF EDIT

EDIT2: Me and my impatience! My former signature, about power to edit being a privilege but not a right, was mainly for myself - always expecting to have that power to correct any mistakes I'm so prone to making, I end with 'opon' in a second question, which I have no means to change. Now I left to hope for generosity of mods, who may happen around and do it for me, please END OF EDIT2

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 11-26-2004 at 12:51 AM.
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote