Thread: Resistance RPG
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 08:11 PM   #33
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

29 October

Yesterday morning, early, they had swaggered into The Golden Perch. Assiram bore a wicked cudgel made from blackthorn and glowered as he entered the Common Room. There were few about. Mostly the two sleepy servers and the Innkeeper who was still yawning as he polished the last of his glasses. And a few early farmers on their way to the market place in Newbury.

Assiram woke the place up with a bang of his cudgel on the bar, breaking the pyramid of pint mugs the Innkeeper had just finished stacking there.

‘Hey!’ the Innkeeper shouted, reaching for his own stout stick he kept hid behind the bar. He yelped, clutching his upper arm as Assiram landed a hard blow to it, knocking the stick from the Innkeeper’s hand.

‘Now where you two little ratties goin’, leered Assiram, as the servers, now cowering in a corner tried to creep toward the door to the kitchen. ‘You two get back here and get me and my friends here some ale, and lots of it. And one of you rouse the Cook – we’ll be needing breakfast.’

They stayed for breakfast and then for lunch. No other customers dared enter the Inn – Assiram and the other two threw their empty mugs at them as they opened the door. As soon as lunch was served, they ordered the Cook to pack up several baskets of food – they would be heading on.

‘Important business for the Boss,’ was what Assiram said as they headed out the door, already planning on the fastest way through the Green Hill country to Pincup.

The Hobbits were exceedingly glad to see the ruffians go and watched from the windows as they headed on down the path then angled west and south. None made a squeak when they saw the three take three of the finest horse from the Perch’s stable, leaving their old nags in their place.

Old nags were better than ruffians any day was their thought on the matter . . .

[ September 24, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]