View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 11:27 AM   #2
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

25 October

Burzdol's post

Helios ran through the slightly crowded streets, trying to find Bill. Of course, he knew that the man would be in the Prancing Pony, but Bill had been acting strange. Deciding to give up his search, Helios went into a back alley to see if he could make some money.

"Hey, who are you?" a man called from the shadows.

"Just an innocent gambler, and you?" Helios replied.

"Well then, you came to the right place," the man pushed aside a cloth covering to reveal a doorway. The he started, "So what'll it be? We got a gambler's every single wish her..hey, where you goin'?"

Helios walked away because sitting in the corner gambling was none other than, Bill Ferny.

Helios sat down at his usual corner seat, on the other side of the room from Bill Ferny. He had just started to doze, when Assiram came into the Prancing Pony. The young man watched the meeting as it came to be. As soon as Assiram left, Helios walked over to Bill Ferny.

"Ah, back in Bree, eh? What's the job?" Helios asked before his boss even spoke.

"I'm only back for a short while," Ferny said. Then switching to a businesslike tone he said,"There've been a few hobbits who won't quite submit to Sharkey. They're not giving him the respect they owe. I need you to find them, and if they still won't follow the Rules, then make an example of them and I can guarantee you'll be well paid. Here's a list of them," he said as Bill handed Helios a paper, "I told this exact same speech to the man that just left. Assiram is his na..."

"I know who he is. So how much does this pay? It better pay well."

The men greeted and spoke and soon got on the talk of payment, "So how much you going to pay me?"

"Depends on how well you do."

Helios started to plan as soon as Ferny walked out. Thinking of what he'd do with the money he could earn. He joined his companions at a table in a dark corner and talked about the plan over a beer.

[ September 24, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]