View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 02:05 AM   #2
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Here are all the posts for 07/28 - in order:

Elora

Well now, here's the last gasp from me for a few weeks (absent from 7/29 to 8/8 as I earlier mentioned).

I would like to add my 2 cents worth, well, 0.8 cents by the time I do the currency comversion, to Snowdog's comments.

Natural flow is really important to RP's, or so I've found this to be in the past. In each post should be a "hook", something the next writer can grasp onto to link their post to the one before it.

Of course, we've got action going on in a few "locations" throughout Minas Tirith. It may be necessary to make sure those reading find it clear that the attention is switching to another location.

When a fluid and coherent flow is going, it becomes evident who should be posting in what order, and it comes together. I sense that we're still sorting out the rhythm and flow of this RP.

Leaving room within a script for characters to surprise us is another treasure of writing and reading role plays too. How many times do we start with our character poised in one direction and end up with them striding resolutely in an unplanned but equally interesting direction (or is it just me that has such shoody control over her imaginary characters)?

It's this spontaneous aspect of characters and action that impart a great deal of a role play's intrest and intrigue. This, of course, is just my opinion. It may only reflect my love of surprises. Let's just say that a healthy balance between setting the overall "rules of engagement" in this rp and over-planning creates interesting, creative and enjoyable writing and reading, according to my opinion.

Now, I've not had a chance to do an overview of the Morthaniawen Estate. I trust that those who reside apart from Ruiel there can probably describe something as well, if not better, than I can. My concept, though, is of a wealthy manor that speaks of Gondorian class and status. Beneath that facade, though, are elements of Umbar. In private rooms, such as bedrooms, more Umbarian decor could be present.

Ruiel certainly would not sleep well in a Gondorian bedroom. The decorations would gall her sense of superiority.

There are also necessary ammentities such as store rooms, private offices and libraries, workrooms and secure and unobserved access to the stables on the 6th Level of the city, the Gate and the streets.

As for what the Morthaniawens will be up to, I'd imagine they'd be quite busy.

They'd need to monitor the city's mood and disposition, and that of the Citadel, towards Finduilas. Perhaps working to extend a hand of "friendship" to the beleaugered bride and her Dol Amroth contingent (Ruiel reached high circles in Dol Amroth before moving onto Minas Tirith - she would be known to the Dol Amroth ladies).

Dispatches need to be sent to Umbar to report on matters. Ruiel would want to keep them apprised, but not overly informed, harbouring as she does pretensions to the Steward's office when they topple as she plans.

Perhaps something further could be done to build suspicion of Dol Amroth and Finduilas whilst Morthaniawen is wooing them with support and mentoring through the complicated court of Minas Tirith... a scandal of some sort.... that could somehow push Alethea's sense of morality to the point where she'd betray her mother and sister...

Or even Ruiel drops Alethea in it, scapegoating her for something that results in her deciding to look after herself and return the favour to her family (in true Morthaniawen style, it must be said).

Or perhaps merely schemes are laid, people are invited to the Estate, preparations made, all of which is discovered and becomes a weight of evidence to hang around Morthaniawen's neck.

At the very least, Ruiel will be sending Ranne off with the Umbar dispatches to meet with a courier in secret. Then there is Shir to contend with. If he shows up at the house, Ruiel will find a closer target to sharpen her claws on.

Whatever the case, enjoy and take care.

Nurumaiel

Arien,

My post is now up with Adrama and Alethea conversations. You can find it in a box of Alak's on July 22, 2003 10:27 AM.

I'm eager to see how Alethea will react to Adrama's comment.

Arien

Nurumaiel, I have filled my SAVE now, (it was July 24, 2003 05:17 AM).

I was thinking that maybe Alethea and Adrama could meet outside of both of their houses to talk more and get to know each other better. But where I don't really know. Any suggestions?

Ealasaid

quote:

Averyll isn't in the room when Betuli arrives. Betuli came before them, (If you read, I've filled it now) and I thought she would come back to get her dress and when she does the others will be there. Your 'Save' could be about when you guys are there and Betuli just pops in, she is there originally to get her dress, but they start talking about Findulias.

Perfect! I'll do that. Thanks, Oro!

Orofaniel

Great Ealasaid, then it's settled!

Hirilaelin

Hullo me lovelies! This is Hiri, back from my camp, and quickly getting over computer withdrawal. As soon as I read the posts that have gone up in my absence, (this may take a while, mind you) I'll jump right back into the mayhem.

Sophia

I know that content and storyline is very important to this game, but it is also important that we write correctly and use good grammar. In that spirit Orofaniel please check your spelling, Everdawn the word "I" needs to be capitalized.

The luncheon needs to end now, the seeds of the gossip are sewn, I think it's safe to have our next posts be of the dispersing ladies as they go to their own homes. I will try to put up Siriel and Tiriel's responses ASAP.

alaklondewen

I just wanted to post my return. Also, I filled in the space I saved for Nuru's post.