View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 08:32 AM   #74
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Before going to bed last night the one I felt most comfortable with was sally...and now that she promises she's innocent, well nothing's changed.

This morning I feel good about Rikae and Thinlomien.

Rikae because I think her suspicions of Gwath are an innocent one and she's onto something there (which I will get to more in a bit).

Thinlo, mostly because she passed my test. I'm always suspicious of Thinlo because of her "chipperness" and Thinlo always responds in some way similar to what she did..."If I was a wolf I wouldn't be like this." (And I'm pretty sure it's either Mac or myself who always find that even more suspicious). Anyway, point being Thinlo passed the test and her observation on Mac is spot on:
Quote:
An interesting comment and one that might have more to it than it first reveals. I mean, if you ask me, everybody's not talking about Mac. Granted, he is among those most talked about, but he seems to imply he is the main subject of discussion (or that's the feeling I get from his tone), which, in my opinion, is not true and thus Mac has made a wrong evaluation. Ok, what about it? you might ask, everybody makes mistakes. Yes, I agree with that. But Macalaure seems to overestimate the suspicion and/or discussion around him especially and that is a rather wolvish mistake. I mean, I always do it as a wolf, however hard I try not to. Thus this little comment looks a bit sinister.
Nice observation and it is hard not to have that knee-jerk reaction of "I'm being suspected...it's only Day 1...crap" I think you remember all too well my Fenris Penguin days and perhaps 2 people raised some concerns about me and I felt a need to overly defend myself, because I was worried by all the "suspicion" eventhough as the ordinary villagers had observed wasn't all that much...and that led to my Day 1 downfall. I still can't stop that nervous reaction of "Thinlo is suspecting me...oh crap I'm feeling the noose!"

Quote:
Secondly, I'm rather annoyed at myself at the moment. I just noticed that I have a tendency to automatically trust people who make long and fruitful(-looking) analyses of others. In this round, I find Rikae and Nerwen rather innocent. Rikae's jump on Gwath in her novel strikes me as slightly worrisome, though. I saw Gwath's post simply as a genuine offer of an alternative theory. Of course it is important to recognise the possibility of him defending sally and Durelin, but completely leaving out the alternative to that doesn't look good.~Greenie
This I find odd, he thinks Rikae looks rather innocent, yet her jump on Gwath is worrisome? Perhaps this is a defense against Gwath? Too early to say but it does look like a clever wolf tactic to make it look like you're defending someone "innocent" when you're really not you're inadvertantly defending someone else.

Let me explain, no that would be too long, let me sum up. It looks like Greenie is defending Rikae (saying she seems innocent), but that comment is only meant to divert us from who Greenie truly is defending (and that is Gwath). By saying, but Rikae's suspicion of Gwath looks "worrisome" because she left out the other alternatives. So, it's actually a defense of Gwath disguised under the "Rikae is innocent...but she worries me because of...blah blah blah.

Quote:
but completely leaving out the alternative to that doesn't look good.
Since this is the first village I believe we have had the honor of being in together Greenie I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm an extremely biased person, so when I spot something I jump on that like a cat on a mouse and won't let up until I see that person dead (just ask Menel he's suffered from my biases far too often). I think too much thinking goes on (how ironic...I think), which can be a great weapon for me, but that sets me up to be easily fooled (just ask Nogrod I'll never forget that little under-handed, dirty, yet brilliant trickster).