View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #73
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
OK, not much left here to go on, but if my years as an English major have taught me anything, it's how to write several pages about a half-page text.
Let's see what I can do here:

Nerwen seems so easily satisfied with the innocent explanations of Mac and Gwath's behavior and yet is suspicious of Menel for reasons I don't really understand... oh, and Nerwen, sorry if I offended you by saying I always find you suspicious -- but the alternative would be to simply find you suspicious. I'm trying to be fair...

Menel deserves a closer look ... he is somehow on the edges of things. He started off aggressive, but since then he's been unusually uncontroversial. Nerwen and somebody else (sorry, can't find it again) called him suspicious, but I'm not sure about the reasons... anyway, he shouldn't be ignored. If I have time, I'll look at him later.

I agree with Lommy about Mac's statement that everybody is talking about him -- it looks fishy. However, I could also see this as a reaction to the way the last several games have gone -- he *has* been the number one suspect on day one for a while. I'm keeping my eye on him, though.

I find it odd that Lommy accuses me of trying to focus everybody's attention on a controversy involving half the village! Statistically, there is probably a wolf in there, and I certainly think it's better to analyze what can actually be analyzed rather than taking a shot in the dark with a "quiet person" who may or may not be quiet toMorrow. If someone insists on lurking in shadows then too, I say lynch him/her... but even if we don't lynch one of the controversial figures, discussing them leaves a trail -- and the trails of dead innocents and wolves will be all the solid evidence we have in this game. There also wasn't any such concept as a "Lommy-Boro-Gwath-Sally-Durelin-Mac" situation until I coined it, and therefore there was nothing for me to continue. It's a way into the problem, nothing more... but maybe Lommy doesn't want us to have any handle on things?

Coming up with overarching concepts invariably pushes some considerations aside while spotlighting others -- however, it's a necessary start to wolf-hunting. Every individual, considered in isolation, doesn't reveal much, but the interactions do. It's the easiest thing in the world to suspect the people who create such concepts, because all one has to do is point out that they are trying to focus the village's attention. Well, that's exactly what I'm doing, because without focus, we'll get nowhere. I may be bringing myself down, but I intend to take some wolves with me... a controversy is exactly what we need for later analysis.

Well, sorry for being long-winded, but this issue gets me fired up. At any rate... I am still uneasy about Mac and Lommy, probably more so at this point than Gwath and Sally and/or Durelin. Still, it's good to see connections forming which might help us later...

EDIT: X'd with Menel

Last edited by Rikae; 02-26-2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: fixing grammar (looks fishy ---> it looks fishy) analyze ---> analyzed. I really should proofread...
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote