View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:54 AM   #117
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Last game was Pomegranate's first, as far as WW here, although I believe she said she was familiar with the premise of the game. Anyway, she definitely was in the "impressed me" group...oh maybe I shouldn't say that...makes me too nice still.

Was not one of the frequent posters, but when she did it was always stocked to the brim with insight and good observations. Ahh, again, I really need to stop this complimenting thing...eh whatever, it's the truth.
Well, now you are jokingly putting yourself in the role of the one who is "made being nice", yet still doing the stuff, what am I supposed to make out of that? Are you trying to stick to it in order not to be ? I mean, I prefer civilized discussion to violent outbursts, but in a way it would make me much more comfortable if you'd, as we say in Khand, "show some guts, man..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Legate, I didn't have to "lead by example" to move things away from the Acolyte: it happened on its own, and people started reacting to the two of us instead. I really didn't see it as all that complex.
All right. But I sincerely doubt that was your original plan. Also, I recall you having this cryptic line "so it serves also different purpose, interesting..." or something along these lines, it implied that you were surprised (or so it seemed to me) by that it stirred something else. Anyway, okay, if that was the point - however now of course I have to start wondering if this is not just secondary explanation of your behavior which you made up later (whereas of course then I'd have to ask myself what purpose did you originally have). All right all right, I think I could put this matter at rest finally, next time I'd like more clarity in your actions, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
I've played one game with Pom/Nate, and she was innocent then. She proved herself to be a sharp player indeed.

That said, it's funny how the one post from her thus far was such a parroting of suspicion on someone who already has a vote.
This sounds a bit like Boro now, but whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
*sigh* Well, I'd say that I'm off for a bit and will return before bed with a vote, but I know how this works. I'm going to get caught up in whatever else I end up doing and forget to vote.

So. I've still got no suspicions great enough to act on, and I don't seem to be in danger of being lynched.

++Bom Tombadillo
I think Nogrod had just said the same thing I thought when I saw this vote - now whoever it was who had been criticising the "unnecessary" elaborations of mine and Nog's about the random votes, THIS is exactly the case. Okay, the vote is not "random" in its typical sense - but it is irresponsible, which is the point both me and Nog have raised in our posts very strongly. Okay, maybe it is responsible in the sense that Bom does not want to do "random harm", so he chooses himself instead. But still, it would have been far better if he could choose at least some "top" suspect. I mean, it's Day 1.

But it's also Bom and somehow I can accept this behavior from him. I would however strongly discourage this incident to repeat, especially not on further Day than Day 1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
During the Day I decided whom I'm not voting for. I don't know who I will vote for. Between Lommy and Boro (both of which, coincidentally, have votes) I am leaning more towards Lommy. My uneasiness with her comes from the content of what she said, whereas with Boro it is with how he says it. Yeah, I'll call that my final decision.
Just for further reference - I wonder if, in case Lommy is perchance innocent and Boro is perchance Wolf, there might not be attempt to save Boro by people voting Lommy. But that shall be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
- he pretty well answers that, in my opinion. So why mention it yet again? Legate, you do realize you've been doing basically the same thing as what you say Inzil's been doing, right?
Well possibly I did not see or understand that when he had said it last time - you understand what my point was, do you? My point was that I wanted him to answer why he proposed something yet failed to act on it. It was not suspicious behavior, it only bothered me because it did not make any sense. What I saw was this: You preach something but you don't act upon it, somebody points it out to you, yet you reply again with preaching and doing nothing, and not even reply about why you don't do anything. That fact - not answering - was the grain of the only suspicious thing I had found in the whole affair. Suspicious is when you start making up fake explanations of your actions or (as it had seemed to me in this case) avoiding giving explanations for them at all. That's in short the whole "case".

For now (see above) I take Inzil's explanation now that he had stated himself clearly, however, I still don't trust him completely as I am not sure whether it isn't just a post-made-explanation (see above again), but right now I am putting the thing more in the "odd" shelf than into "wolf" shelf, but I might still be watching him.

Okay - and that's it. So I think I will vote pretty close to DL, because exactly around DL I have to leave; but I will certainly hang around now, generally...

EDIT: x-ed after Nog's last
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote