View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 02:23 AM   #10
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I think part of that set up is that there is no Seer in the game; we are working with very small numbers, this may change as people sign up. And from the way I understood Hui's proposal, if the Dead decide to dream instead of haunt, then the info is only revealed to the DT (or even just to the Ghost), and they lose one of their shots at communicating with the GT. It's a very roundabout one-time *dead* Seer.
That was my idea, but I'd be the first to say it isn't fully developed - more, in the manner of Password musings, a partial concept put in to give other people ideas.

I think the 'Mod infodump + standard Ghost' concept is probably a better one - it lets the mod control what the DeadThread can learn, and keeps them from lucking into being a massive game-changer. Like, if they scan Galadriel55 as the last wolf, the Ghost can just go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotK
The Dead awaken;
for the hour is come for the oathbreakers:
at the Stone of Erech they shall stand again
and hear there a horn in the hills ringing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR
Up from the dark plain below came the crying of fell voices, and the howling of many wolves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR
Even as he spoke, they saw, as if she came in answer to their words, the Lady Galadriel approaching.
Which would be a fairly epic way to end the game, but also kind of unfair on the wolves: a Ghost Seer means they can't even fake-reveal to protect themselves!

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote