View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 06:04 AM   #217
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, first, let me sum up the Gifted nonsenses so that I may get this over with from my part.

Morsul I would believe is indeed an agent, Pitch is still most likely a real Dreamer, and as for the Priest, hard to say. I guess we should indeed let this sort out by itself, like Roa said.

1. No reason to lynch Morsul, as I'd think he's an Agent, and there is no reason whatsoever to lynch the Agent. (However, I sympathise with Crayon's vote, as I can see the point. Though not that I encourage such behavior in general.)

2. With the Rangers, we do more harm with lynching one than with letting them be, as if one of them is a real one and one a Wolf, then most likely it's the problem for the WWs, and they will kill the real Ranger one Night. It's really nonsense for the WWs to keep the real Ranger alive, at least by the end, when there are some six people remaining, if such a pair of them was still alive, then it'll be really easy to catch a Wolf then. Aside from that, Ranger can wreak havoc upon the WWs by protecting people, the longer he survives, the bigger his chances are. So I really say we leave these two be as well. (As for whom of them I believe more, I have some reasons for each, in short as for Hakon, I mostly said my feelings before when he revealed, only to note also I wonder that he used the word "ranger" and not "priest" to label himself, though whatever. Wilwa, in some ways it would make more sense, I could imagine her reacting like that if she was true Ranger, on the other hand... well, actually honestly, her revelation does not make much sense for me, even if she was a Ranger and even if she was a Wolf, but it could be pretty irrational, especially if she is true Ranger and sees Hakon's claim. But like I said, let's leave it be for now.)

That means, let's focus on others. I do not, alas, have much time to do anything now, but first, a few random remarks of what I noted while reading the thread. Later I hope to post something more yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Theoretically, Pitch could be a wolf, and his giving up SPM a plot to ensure his being thought innocent the rest of the game.
However, if Pitch survives beyond Day 3 or so, I would have to assume he was a wolf and go for him. Everyone knows that a revealed Seer is a dead Seer. It's only a matter of time. If he wasn't killed by the wolves after the oportunities for the Priest to protect him ran out, we'd have his number.
I do appreciate your giving me the all-clear though, as I am indeed innocent.
Okay, this is making me slightly uneasy, especially considering that Morsul indeed must be a fake. It looks like jumping on whatever train rides by, and maybe trying if there is a chance to get rid of the real Seer. On the other hand, perhaps it'd be slightly too uncautious from a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
As for the seers, well the wolves would be really foolish to leave the real seer alive to continue dreaming. Which means that every day Morsul and Pitch are still alive, the should post their dreams. If either finds a wolf, we lynch the "wolf." If it's a real wolf, hooray, we killed a real wolf. If not we know who the liar is. If it's an innocent, well, when the real seer dies we will have a list of known innocents.

Logically, one of the seers is the Agent and one of the rangers is a wolf.

Everyone else, I highly doubt there is more than one wolf in the mix. Definitely the agent, a wolf, and two gifteds. Which mean that there is still a wolf out there. Let's let this mess sort it out, because it will, and move on to finding the other wolf hiding in all of this chaos.
Roa looks good to me, and I agree with the elaboration of hers above which I quote.

By the way, and this was asked before, maybe we should ask McCabber Himself, how many WWs are around, then? There is nothing on the Admin thread about it, and the first narration says something about "four paws", though that is by no means anything official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Wow my memory is that bad huh? I'm so caught up in Pitchwife's claim I'm forgetting who's innocent... Well I hope a slip of memory doesn't make everyone make the wrong choice about the real seer
(I marked this post to quote while I was still reading the thread... well, hilarious, obviously )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Please, people. If you are wrong about the person you think is a wolf, then you are killing a gifted, which plays right into the wolves hands. There is only a 1/4 chance of getting the right person, and 1/2 chance of killing a gifted. Are you really going to risk killing a gifted on odds like that? We need the ranger alive and we need the seer alive.

That mess will definitely sort itself out. Just leave it be for now and don't risk our gifted on something you can't be sure of.
Agreed, and just repeating it to prove the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I agree that we should leave them be. If Wilwa is the seer, then the wolves can kill Pitchie. But then we know that Hakon's a wolf, and we can lynch him. If Hakon's the seer, then they can't kill Pitchie toNight. But if Pitchie doesn't die, it doesn't prove that Hakon's the ranger, it just gives a bit more legitimacy to his claim. Therefore, we only know for sure who's the ranger if Pitchie dies toNight. I'm definitely not happy with that, but what can you do?
By the way, this is actually a pretty good point too. So we WILL basically know the true Ranger by the next morning, even if the WWs don't kill the real one.

Brinn looks good to me, too, and sensible, by her posting.

I did not, this far, pay much attention to Nogrod, as I'd really need to go through his posts and focus on him in particular. Anyway, he's not around today, I may do that as long as there are not too many posts, let's see. I also want to check Nerwen. Somebody said that Kitanna may be good in fooling the village, it's true she seems genuine to me, but who knows. I am probably going to check these people as soon as I can. But now, I will probably leave and not sure how long before DL I'll come back (I have also other RL things to do). I will drop by, if nothing more, though.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote