View Single Post
Old 01-09-2001, 11:45 AM   #8
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wight
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Re: outline

I have made a few additions to the original and slowly begun using th new abreviations [see abbreviations thread] and reformatted it [w/ a little less chaos I hope] .

-----------
QUENTA SILMARILLION
- [chapters listed are from 1977 Silmarillion] aka. &quot;77&quot;
- all othe chapters not listed would still need to be compared w/ the
many versions in the History series.
- Below however I list the major texts [or parts ] which I think[at this
point at least] can be inserted in whole or part into the respective
chapters.
-This is by no means an exhaustive listing ,just a framework to hang
further ideas on -or take them off. I am sure there are alot of things I havn't &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp caught yet so...
Please feel free to monkey around w/ it and put up a new one.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp so here is the outline:
================================

AINULINDALE-remain more or less the same

VALAQUENTA-
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp check entire HoME for additional details/modifications
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp *******
ch.3] OF THE COMING OF THE ELVES
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp ... add parts of 'Quendi andEldar'[vol 11]

ch.5] OF ELDAMAR AND THE PRINCES OFTHE ELDALIE
add'Finwe and Miriel 'and 'Laws and Customs among the &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Eldar' {HoME10} or
would this be better placed in an appendix ?

ch.6] OF FEANOR AND THE UNCHAINING OF MELKOR add from
'Shibboleth of Feanor'[HoME 12] also the beautiful expanded account in I &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp [akaHoME 1] of the festival the Eldar where at when Melkor attacked the &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp trees.

ch.13] OF THE RETUPN OF THE NOLDOR
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp add from'Shibboleth of Feanor'[HoME 12]
chs.14 &amp; 15] OF BELERIAND/NOLDOR AND ITS REALMS
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp add from 'Shibboleth of Feanor'[HoME 12]
ch 16] OF MAEGLIN
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp add from 'maeglin' in HoME11
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp ++++++++Saulotus has a draft of this completed!!! +++++++++

ch 17] OF THE COMING OF MEN INTO THE WEST
add from' the Druedain'[Unfinished Tales] and Finrod and
Andreth{HoME10} and On Dwarves and Men [HoME 12]

ch19] OF BEREN AND LUTHIEN add from Lays? [HoME3]

ch 21]OF TURIN TURAMBAR addthe 'Narn I Chin Hurin' [Unfinished
Tales} and 'Wanderings of Hurin' [HoME 11]&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

ch.22] OF THE RUIN OF DORIATH
[Eru only, knows what we can do w/ this one!!! ]

ch.23] OF TOUR AND THE FALL OF GONDOLIN
add of 'Of Tour and his coming to Gondolin [Unfinished Tales ]and
details fromHoME 2 [and IV and V]
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

=====

lindil

</p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote