View Single Post
Old 10-27-2022, 10:15 AM   #4
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victariongreyjoy View Post
For a odd reason my thread was moved to the Book section. Maybe was it because I didn't mentioned ROP by name.
(Spoilers for RoP below)

In that case: they haven't been systematically suppressed by the Elves for the past undefined number of years. Arondir's introduction made it pretty clear he wasn't just protecting the Southlanders, but also watching them for any sign of pro-Morgoth sentiment. There were also comments about the Elves turning the whole valley where TirHarad stands green and growing, so the Southlanders are basically prisoners in a pretty green jail.

I'm not sure we saw anything to indicate that Numenoreans were stronger or anything. I don't think extended lifespans have even been mentioned! And their boats are very pretty, but the night in the harbour shows they weren't nearly as sturdy as you'd expect. (To get to TirHarad they presumably sailed up Anduin, so they're river ships that occasionally go to sea, not proper ocean-going vessels. Makes sense, since the Numenoreans have been ignoring the mainland for undefined centuries!)

hS