View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 03:23 AM   #359
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quoting as I go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
This was the title of post #253. I could see the wolves thinking it a seer hint. But it seems a little too obvious.
This definitely could be read as Seer-hint, but exactly, wouldn't that be too obvious for a real Seer? And BG was definitely far from uncontroversial. And I think about half the village suspected her to a degree, so unless they had really good reason, why kill her?

And if the Wolves thought her a Seer, her list of potential Wolves is far from clear. It includes Nog, who's a known innocent, and while Form is there in a nice position, he's also there as Cobbler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Her analyzing gifteds was odd. Could the wolves have thought (or hoped) that she dreamt and outed a gifted Shasta?
This could make sense except it already operates with one "what-if" condition. It might really be that the Wolves just thought BG to be a Seer based on the "Will I dream, Dave" thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
I assume all the returning players went through this last game: does the fact that the Dead Thread chose Brinn as their medium suggest any endorsement of Brinn or is it strictly that the vote she was making is what they wanted to see voted?
Funny thing now that you mention the last game... I was wondering why the Dead chose Brinn and one rather simple, yet perfectly logical solution is that they are simply continuing the trend from previous game, where giving Brinn votes from beyond the grave was essentially the main pastime of the Dead. (And I guess maybe that's what Rikae is referring to when calling it "epic".)

Otherwise: there are almost too many questions in yesterDay's vote. Partly because of its spread. Okay, I see some of them started to be answered... of those that didn't, I also do not see where did Rikae's vote for Nog exactly come from. Care to elaborate? Rikae has become increasingly untransparent to me. Same goes for Pitch's vote, only he's been untransparent already before. Why Nog and not somebody else?

Another random observation when looking at the voting list: what's the Mac-Nilp thing? Looks like the two are having a private thing of their own going on there. I get the reasoning of Mac's vote, even though to be fair, if I go back to his reasoning before the actual vote, the original suspicion is rather random. Care to elaborate? Nilp's reasoning is interesting to say the least, but I don't see why would a Wolf cast a vote like that. Unless this is some Wolf-on-Wolf while the village is concentrated on something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Maybe I’m biased because I do think Kath is suspicious, but the bit about her here makes me uneasy. Kath had two votes by this point, so calling it a Kathwagon is stretching it
At that point, I was first concerned that you said you prioritised Kath over Nog, because Nog seemed to me as clearer option back then. That Form was the second on the wagon did not make it look better in my eyes, it felt like Wolves were pushing to save fellow Nog (obviously now we know otherwise. Since I still don't trust Form very much, it might be worth it to go back to that point and try to figure out what was happening. But you are right that it may be nothing since it, indeed, was no big wagon at that time. But at that point, it did not look like that - it could have been the start of a big wagon).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote