View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 11:37 AM   #249
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I haven't had time to go back and reread day 1 looking at Lottie through "wolf eyes" as I meant to, but I have been thinking about her comments about Legate and Nog and here's where I arrived.

If I were a wolf-Legate, her shift at last minute would certainly have been alarming, but my likely conclusion would be either she's a) a seer who hasn't dreamt me yet but is likely to, or b) a perceptive ordo. In the first case I'd be as good as dead, in the latter, my best chance of survival would be to not kill her immediately. I would see little harm in letting her live another day. for observation, on the off chance it was b) and I'd get out of it unscathed.

I'm really not buying (lots of that going on, is this a village meeting or a market?) Nog's theory that Lottie would have looked like a seer who dreamed Legate already. If she wanted to hint, she'd have been way more subtle, not ignored him all day and then painted a big target on herself at deadline.

Now, Nog is another matter. If I were a Nogwolf, there would be every reason to kill Lottie, both as a potential seer and as someone the village was likely to treat as a semi-known innocent toDay, and little reason not to, as it doesn't draw attention to him nearly as dramatically as to Legate.

Of course this mostly applies to any other wolf as well. I'm going to need to go back and look at what Lottie said about those she found innocentish, I think.

But for now, -1 wolf point to Legate, +1 wolf point to Nogrod. Google says that's a neighborhood in Chicago.

Also, spreadsheets? Mac, should I tell them about your non-WW spreadsheets?
As for me, I have them going for diet/weight/exercise, food storage & mead brewing, and that's enough. My WW notes are in word documents, which I've just started trying to organize with a system of folders and links. I was telling Mac the other day that I'd like to calculate, for the frequent players, "scores" for their resilience, persuasiveness, perceptiveness, etc. in previous games but I'm having a hard time figuring out which data to use. Persuasiveness is especially hard. I want to know who's good at convincing others to vote for someone, but how do you quantify "trying to convince"? Just voting for the lynchee or mentioning them isn't enough ... it will require more thought ...

Edit: X'd with Green and Leg
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote