View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 04:12 AM   #668
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Huinesoron: Lynched For All The Wrong Reasons
Story of my lives.

Looking back, I'm really impressed with all the wolves - Legate who I never suspected, Lommy who always managed to be so believable that I rejected whatever doubts I had - but most especially Sally. I know you were first to die, but before that happened, you:
  • Night-killed someone who could only point directly at you, and yet somehow didn't get lynched the following day. There wasn't even that much discussion of how bad it made you look!
  • Drew out the Seer for your fuzzy fellows to tear apart.
  • Deprived us of almost any information from the votes! Not voting Day One meant there was no way to track your fellows, and on Day Three you managed to draw I think every single vote onto yourself, meaning the other wolves blended seamlessly into the crowd.

It was a spectacular showing. Bravo.

I also want to call out Boro for spot-on interpretations of the Ghost's meanderings - and for having a name which was really easy to direct replies to. Faced with the possibility of needing to clue Kath via the Cats of Queen Beruthiel, and Lommy with Dor-lomin, you were a breath of fresh air.

(I did have Salgant for Sally, which I was quite pleased with, but overall am glad I never needed to employ.)

~

Looking at the game itself... both mods did a wonderful job, and it was good fun having you haunting the DeadThread. There was some confusion over the voting rules; I think someone at one point described the dead as having 1.5 votes, which is probably the best way to put it in future! But once understood, the rules worked very well.

The infodrops were well-tuned; it was fun running through all the consequences of them. Out of interest, what were the possible infodrops that the Wolves rejected?

The Ghost was heaps of fun, but maybe too powerful. We came within a handspan of a final day with three Confirmed Innocents and the ability to easily convey them, which really shouldn't happen. A couple suggestions:

1/ The idea of allowing each quote to only be used once per game sounds like a good way of limiting the Ghost. It means that if you find a perfect line (such as the one with innocent in quote marks), you have to weigh up using it now versus saving it for a maybe Seer reveal later.

2/ Rather than limiting the Ghost to a given number of appearances - we basically sent it in every chance we got here! - how about 'may not be used on consecutive days'? That works for both long and short games, and gives a play-off of "we know a lot now, but what if the Seer gets killed...?'

hS