View Single Post
Old 04-21-2004, 08:46 PM   #9
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
1420! I'm from Houston!

Howdy Y'all. This here is Regin Hardhammer writing to you from the Lone Star State. I live in Houston. This sounds neat!

Meeting at the Renaissance festival might work for me, but it does get a little hectic during the school year. The problem is I'm committed to other things on Saturdays. Bummer, but I would try my hardest if it was any other time.

I do have another idea. If anyone is free during the summer we could all meet for lunch at the Hobbit Cafe (formerly the Hobbit Hole). For those of you who don't know, the Hobbit Cafe is a Tolkien themed resteraunt in Houston. It has statues and stuff of different LOTR characters going all the way back to the 70's animated movies. The walls are lined with Tolkien posters and maps, and you can buy T-shirts. The dishes take their names from different characters in LotR and The Hobbit. Not surprisingly, this Dwarf has a special liking for the Thorin Oakenshield sandwich! Nearby there are a lot of bookstores and fantasy shops that have some interesting stuff! Maybe they would even do something special for a Tolkien themed group.....