View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 01:34 AM   #279
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Elwen felt too hot so close to the fire, she was tempted to remove her hood and cloak but something stopped.
"Why," laughted Elwen to herself," i have journeyed far to escape grief and sorrow and yet i still hide from attention."

Elwen stood up very slowly, not really thinking about what she was doing.
" Don't think, just move." she mouthed to herself as her fingers unfastened the silver star shaped brooch which was holding her cloak. Elwen sighed and with one swift fluid movement removed her cloak, carefully placing it on the chair beside her.

Her light now showed but dimly, she wondered if anyone will notice. Did she want them to..well Yes, partly. But the travel had made her tired, so she was only glowing slightly and the bright fire obscured the rest. Maybe they would think it just her dress. It was her favourite, pure white hemmed with silver. Her dark hair falling in waves about her shoulders was decorated with white gems that burned like stars. Like she burned when she was happy and content.

"A drink", she spoke to herself," How very thirst I am!"

Elwen smoothed down her shimmering dress. How comforting the fabric felt under her fingers. Elwen sighed but then stopped and smiled like she had not done for ages.

"Tonight I shall have fun and enjoy myself, leave the sorrow till tomorrow" laughed Elwen walking slowly over to the bar.