View Single Post
Old 12-09-2002, 01:06 PM   #257
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

‘Well met, Parin Stonemouth!’ was accompanied by a satisfied ‘woof’ from beneath the table.

Pio picked up a buttery colored apricot and slipped it whole into her mouth, working her tongue and teeth around the succulent meat. When she had done with it, she slipped the seed out to her waiting fingers and laid it on the plate. ‘Next to ripe figs, which are hard to find in these northern lands, these are my favorite fruit.’ She picked up another, feeling the soft coat of down on its skin. ‘Little golden jewels!’

She pushed the chair next to her out from the table, as she poured herself and Parin a glass of wine. ‘Can you be of further service to me?’ she said smiling. ‘I think you might. But, please, come sit with me a moment. I would have some company while I eat, and I know no one here.’ She broke off a small chunk of herbed bread and sopped it in her wine. ‘Tell me about yourself, Parin. What brings you here to the Shire? And to work at the Inn?’

The Elf motioned casually to the offered chair, her attention now seemingly focused on the meal before her . . .

[ December 09, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]