View Single Post
Old 12-09-2002, 04:16 AM   #253
Donlammenion
Animated Skeleton

Donlammenion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As the laughing finished fin looked across the table toward the bottle of wine and four goblets which was given to them by an elven maiden sat across the room.
"Fin why don't you thank the lady for her most gracious gift" Don proceded

Fin gave a pious look which can only be described as a plead but his companions didn't allow him to forego the task so he rose and proceded to the table.

"please excuse this interupion but my friends and i would like to thank you for the wine you gave" at this point fin was mumbling and looked as if he could faint but in an instant he regained his composure as he thought it would only be fitting if he asked her to join them!
"I wonder if you would be so kind as to join us when we taste the wine" the question hung in the air as Fin awaited an answer....
PIO's POST

‘Mae govannen!’ Pio had called out graciously as the Elf approached her table.

She smiled warmly at the seemingly tongue tied Elf before her. She was certain he had not mumbled as he talked to the Elf maiden – the one who had sung the lovely song. Pio waited, giving him an opening.

He took a deep breath and regained his composure. ‘I wonder if you would be so kind as to join us when we taste the wine.’ he asked, having thanked her for the wine. He nodded his head toward the table where his three companions sat. She nodded toward the three and smiled, then returned her attention to Fin, her grey eyes regarding him closely.

‘An Elf of Eryn Lasgalen, are you not?’ she asked, noting the northern accent. ‘It has been many years since I stepped foot in Greenwood the Great. It is a lovely place, Thranduil’s kingdom.’ Memories played across her features, softening them. Recalling that he had asked her to come sit with them, she broke from her reverie.

‘Alas! I am here on some urgent business, awaiting the arrival of someone. Perhaps when my meeting is over, your invitation to a glass of wine will still stand, and I can join you then. Until then, enjoy the wine as I enjoyed the song.’ Fin smiled at her and nodded, thanking her once again, then strode quickly back to his waiting companions.

[ December 11, 2002: Message edited by: Donlammenion ]