View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 05:24 PM   #3
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huinesoron View Post
the big question in my mind is: Is this the last one? The obvious answer is yes: Christopher has now managed to get all three of his father's great tales released as their own books, which given how much the professor cared for them - the children of hurin he spent the most time on, the intensely personal beren and luthien, and now the fall of gondolin which began it all and which the entire history pivoted on - would probably have been one of the professor's goals had he not been able to publish the silm itself.

But there is the possibility of no, and more forthcoming... What about a lee-illustrated akallabeth, drawing on the 'notion club papers' and the 'lost road' (and maybe 'aldarion and erendis'?) to flesh out the sparser parts of the completed work? A dream, maybe - but not one outside the realm of possibility.

Ps: But, er... Are the publishers drunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by from the publishers
but [ulmo] works in secret in middle-earth to support the noldor, the kindred of the elves among whom were numbered húrin and túrin turambar.
I don't see C. Tolkien venturing down the publishing path again; in fact, I am surprised he managed to eke this one out at his august age.

As far as the publisher's blurb, perhaps in some very early version of the FoG that the general reading public has no knowledge of, Húrin and Túrin are Gnomes or something. Either that, or they screwed up the quote, which is more likely.