View Single Post
Old 03-24-2003, 11:13 AM   #16
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I've done loads of personality tests, and so far, I've gotten Legolas twice, and almost every other character (even minor) once, so I'm not depending on the tests. (If you do, try this link. Go to the LotR ones.) Anyway, *sigh* I think I'll have to figure this out myslef. Okay. Out of the hobbits, I think Merry or, in some ways, Frodo, might work. Merry because he has a sense of humor sometimes, but isn't always like Pippin. I dunno why, actually. I just feel like he works. Frodo- as someone said, I'd like to go places, but I know I'd miss where I am now. Out of the humans- Aragorns, Boromir, Denethor, Faramir. I don't quite know. IF you go by the books, then it's like this: certainly not Aragorn. Too "perfect", I think. Boromir- possibly. I have a certain attraction to circly shiny things that people put onto their fingers...ah yes. Rings. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Denethor- No. I just don't think I'm like that at all. When I'm around other people, at least, I'm usually either very quiet, or, once in a while, really loud and jumpy and wishing I had a tail so I could chase it. Neither seems to fit Denethor. I don't know how he was when without other people or only Boromir, so I can't judge that, really. Faramir- well, maybe, but the book Faramir is too honest and true and just too good. By the movies- Denethor we haven't seen, I can't tell. Aragorn- works in a way, he has his own troubles, but he's a bit too much "to the rescue!" Boromir- works. I really liked how he did his little "speech" at Lorien in FotR. I don't know, but after I saw that, I liked him more and thought he was more exactly...I don't know, right. Faramir- Yeah. A touch of evil [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] but actually good. Actually I don't think it's that. It's the way D. Wenham did the facial expressions and every little detail, not the big picture. Okay, the Dwarves: I can't identify with any of them. Never liked Dwarves. Except possibly Gimli just after they left Lorien. Elves- oooh, Elves have always been my favorites. So- I'll do books first. Elrond, sons of Elrond, Arwen, Galadriel, Haldir, Celeborn, Legolas. Elrond- my favorite. I've always really liked the way he is there, but seems higher up. I also hoought that the line about the parting of Elrond and Arwen made me like him much more. Can't really identify with him though. Elladan and Elrohir- we don't really meet them much, so I can't identify, but I liked how much of them I "saw". Arwen- In the books, we hardly meet her, but I thought I could slightly identify with her at the end, at the giving of the white gem to Frodo. Galadriel and Celeborn- I've always liked them, but their too noble to actually try and imagine myself as them. Haldir- I liked him in general, but it took me a long time to remember his name. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Legolas- I'd say I thought I could identify with him. Dreaming without sleeping- that's like me. Insomnia. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] No really, I thought I could, but for different reasons. He obviously does have feelings, but doesn't really show them much. And we got to know him more than any of the other Elves, even though that still isn't too much. Elves in the movies: Elrond- I actually liked him, not the best, but I liked him. He looked like he was hiding feelings. Not in the way that I would identify with him though. Sons of Elrond- ummmm.... Arwn- Many people said they didn't like her. I thought she wasn't too great in the first movie, but in the second- pretty good. NO identification, though. Galadriel and Celeborn- Celeborn didn't say enough that I could identify with him. Galadriel- I liked, but not me. I don't blow up and turn green... Haldir- certainly. I don't know why, but now that I've seen the movies, Craig Parker is one of my favorite actors. When he was dying, I thought that was so sad, i nearly cried, which I certainly didn't when Boromir was dying. I just- I don't know. I thought he was just right. Legolas- well, I'm somewhat partial to his looks (NOT a rabid fangirl...ugh) but he was made to be a somewhat neutral character. Do Elves have a good sense of smell? Cause, if they do, I fit...I've got glasses, so eyesight doesn't work, and my hearing is normal. *sigh* At least in the movie thye made him a little bit of a character. Others; Saruman! Good gone bad... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Lol, not really, I don't think any of the others work. By the way, you could have scrolled down past all of this... [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
Edit: Oops. I forgot Eowyn and Eomer and Theoden. Eowyn- definitely. I don't know why, I just identify with her very well. Eomer- Possibly. He goes after the orcs even when told not o....I think I see a bit of myslef there...Theoden: No. I don't know why, just not my thing. Especially in the movie. The book one- only when he's dying.

[ March 24, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]