View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #779
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So this was my first time as the cobbler. Initially, I thought it would come quite naturally to me, as I all too often end up functioning as an unintentional cobbler when I'm an ordo, but once the game got going, I found it fiendishly difficult. All that duplicity and double think, without the wolvish advantage of knowing your foes and allies and being able to bounce your ideas off your packmates - it was a nightmare. I consoled myself thinking that as long as I got suspected enough to be a distraction and at need a convenient lynch instead of a wolf, I couldn't do that much wrong, and this at least seems to have worked out.

As for my speculations about the wolves' identities, there naturally was a lot of flipflopping, but my last guess on the Day when I died was *fanfare* Agan, Mac, Rikae, and possibly Shasta (but don't ask me what I thought I was doing when I started suspecting him late on Day 4, I've no idea). Nog didn't believe his eyes when I sent him the list post mortem. Legate was on it too a Day or two before, and I'd even considered Zil for a while (not on the Day I voted him, though - at that time I'd started to surmise that Nessa might really be a wolf, before Mac managed to make even me doubt it again).

It was crazy. I kept seeing imaginary hints in all the wrong places, and probably missed quite a lot real ones. (wilwa, I did notice what you said about the Valier kill, especially since Agan was so kind to point it out, but you looked so innocent after all that not wanting to alert the wolves & cobbler to what sally had said, so it got buried in the self-generated white noise.) Wonder what I looked like to the real wolves - you at least knew about me, but you must have wondered why I didn't respond to any hint of yours.

(Speaking of hints, Rikae, I was thoroughly baffled what in Arda you could mean with me hinting to/about Boro, until you explained it when I was dead. Agan's explanation was correct, of course - it's a vocabulary question. Boro's title was nowhere near my mind at the time.
While we're at it, what was that "I think I might know someone who knows something" thing on Day 4 really about?)

Anyway, kudos to the victorious pack! And Nessa, I take back my words on the thread, you are a survivalist! All four of you are.

Kit having to drop out was a gift of Melkor, and things might have gone differently if she'd been lynched instead. I was quite aware that I'd be a likely candidate for hunting, so naturally I had to argue against it.

Anyway, none of you innocents should sell yourselves short, you all put up a brave fight. Agan, those double kills must have been a Ranger's nightmare! And Shasta, I guess it wasn't easy to pick your dreams either with so huge a village. Too bad you got killed on the very Night you dreamed your first wolf!
Mac, what do you mean, worst game ever? Come on, you were spot on with suspecting Boro, skip and me, even if you got Boro's role and mine mixed up. Not so spot on with Nessa and Mänwe, but such is life.
Ŕ propos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
and my night PMs consisted of "Mac's not the seer. He's not the seer, just put up with him, *sigh* can't we just kill him anyway?"
So I wasn't the only one thinking that! That's why I suggested him on Night 4. You wolves probably did well deciding to leave him alive, it would have been rather risky for Boro and me otherwise. Not your fault I had to draw the wrong conclusion when I found him alive in the morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
and thanks for killing me on N3....(NOT!!!) glares
You can blame me for that, I suggested it. Not terribly sportsmanlike after your long absence, I know, but take it as a compliment - I was pretty scared of your psychic powers, and I suppose so were the wolves. Looking at the repercussions, it seems to have been one of my brighter ideas in this game. (Sorry, Zil!)
But it was a pleasure to play with you for the first time. Same to Cailín and Mänwe (who faced unanimous lynching with admirable stoicism, and I never got why anybody found you so suspicious in the first place). And well met again, Ozzy and everybody else!

Last not least, as always, thanks and kudos to Nog for modding this! It was huge fun, the story idea was great (and well executed, whatever you say), and I enjoyed your narrations very much, including and especially the music - reading the lists of the living and the dead with Penderecki in my ear was a unique experience.