View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #761
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Well even if none of us got lynched and swept clean through, none of you made it easy that's for sure.

I was at a loss on what to do, because right from the start it was like we got heavily suspected. Day 1 Nessa and Wilwa were in trouble, and Skip a little bit. Then Nessa some more, then me, then back to Skip, then back to me. It was a rollercoaster of emotions and nearly impossible to find the seer since it seemed like everyone had suspicions against at least one wolf.

It was a fortunate stroke to get Shasta, I don't even remember what led to that decision, I think it was mostly Skip who had to decide as I don't think the rest of us were on close to the DL. My guess for a few days had been Legate because the day Inzil was lynched he said he would "really prefer" Nessa, and I thought that was a slip as I was sure from how suspected Nessa was early on the seer would have dreamt her. Then Skip asked about elron and after looking through her posts thought she was a good guess too.

It was a battle trying to figure out what to do, because we wanted to keep the 2 kills but also not leave a clear trail by defending eachother. So early on it was kind of like..."fend for yourselves" and use the sheer number of people to get in at least a few double kills. But it was like defense mode from the start with the first suspicions being against wilwa, Nessa, and Pitch. I tried to play nice and put on the charm, but come Day 2 Mac called me out for doing nothing productive, and my night PMs consisted of "Mac's not the seer. He's not the seer, just put up with him, *sigh* can't we just kill him anyway?"

So, then thinking well, charm's going to wear off how do I not get lynched? Let me play politics and do absolutely nothing helpful at all. I went into obstruct everything and give nothing away mode. Obviously this meant I was the cobbler and I ran with that idea, which I thought was going to pay off...until the cobbler was lynched. That night I recall several times telling the other wolvsies "I'm so dead tomorrow. It's over, I don't have a miracle to pull this out. I'll try some lame excuse for my ridiculous behavior but I'm soooo dead and buried tomorrow." Miracle came with the seer's death and then everyone being soooo confident about Manwe. I didn't want to jump out and support it confidentally fearing some sort of massive innocent retracting catching all the wolves for jumping quickly for a Manwe lynch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Boromir88, you must have been awfully amused while "desperately pushing" for a Nessa-lynch.
Those last days were fun. I knew no one was trusting me farther than they could throw a heavy gorilla, so I thought the only thing I could do was to fuel the feeling that Nessa was getting set up and then also defend Manwe.

Very enjoyable game to Nog and all the new faces and returning players, brings back nice memories. (And huge apolgies to Lommy about your broken bororadar)