View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #65
miriena
Newly Deceased

miriena has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
In your case I see an unadorned picture of an attractive woman, and I think I would feel cheated if that weren't in fact you. With stylized images you can sort of accept that the person in question doesn't actually look like the pic, but with a plain photo that's harder. You're not a man, are you?
Aaah. I'm sorry, I really can't pass this up. "But no living man I am. You look upon a woman!" Okay, it's kind of not very clever or original. Especially since I appear with a woman's image in my avatar so it's actually kind of backwards than the situation in which Eowyn said this... That's it, I killed my own joke. Yay.

But yes, my avatar is my own picture, and I suppose I should be cautious when putting an image of my face next to the words I write for easy and undeniable identification, but meh. Although for all anyone knows the other side of my face could look like a giant carved pumpkin

And Lush, I really like what you said about an avatar being like a talisman, that's how I feel as well (but without the ability to express it as clearly as you did, heh).
miriena is offline   Reply With Quote