View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 12:28 AM   #314
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Yes, you did it in the last DW village, but you couldn't gain an immediate extra kill that night either.

And obviously, as I now see, you must not think/play/plan even remotely the same way I do.

To sum myself up- I am logical.
When you choose to be, yes, but you haven't been this game. And no, I am different from you.

Quote:
I look and see "What do you know- the odds say we will lynch an innocent on Day 1, and if that happens, we gain an extra kill! And the odds say that the village/GW probably can't hope to be right more than 50% of the time, thus by simply surviving Day 1 we likely gain an extra kill EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!"
That's very nice, it's true. However, there are more options than that available. The EW may be willing to give up that extra kill for one Night in order to act out another more sinister plan. Not all of us think that simply, and it's folly to suggest that the current EW must think that way.

Quote:
Ask anyone who has been a WW with me before, or read my pms post-game. When I am a WW I never ever want to sacrifice another WW even in a regular game because it adds an extra day to the village. You sacrifice a WW when he's been dreamed of or if he's already as good as dead. That's it. Always protect your brother and sister Wolves if you can. And if it gets you caught then you just didn't play well enough.
You see, if you read my pms post game, I encourage my fellows to sacrifice me if necessary, and let them know that I will do the same. And you will see that no one has ever been able figure out who my fellows are after I die. But this isn't about who has what style or even which style is better. It's about making assumptions about the EW's behavior which have little backing other than your own preference, which the EW may or may not share. So, you can't expect us to rule out this possibility just because you wouldn't do it.

Quote:
It is for me. And this is about me, is it not?
Actually in the post you're quoting, I was specifically talking about what the EW may possibly do. So it's not about you unless you're the EW. Are you?

Quote:
How can you honestly believe that an EW would pass up the chance to gain extra kills from Night 2 onward just to pull some stupid stunt? What a terrible trade off! "Hee hee, yeah, let's purposefully kill a WW and miss out on like four free kills! That sounds smart!"
Because I did when I was the EW. And, if you weren't paying attention that game, I won. So, it does sound smart, in fact. You're thinking only in statistics, but this game is not about statistics. Personality has far more effect in this game.

Quote:
Seriously. The thought literally boggles my mind. It almost makes me angry to hear someone suggest that it might've been a good idea yesterday.
Then what I did to Nogrod must have soundly ticked you off. You're right to say it's a risk. It is also a risk I chose to take, and so I would not exclude the idea of someone else taking that same risk. You keep saying it's not possible. You could only know that if you were the EW.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote