View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 12:41 AM   #74
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
A random suggestion about what to do when the Good Wizard would be able to create additional gifteds: what about not turning that additional person into a permanent gifted, but just give the Wizard the possibility to communicate with that individual for that one night? This won't make the gifteds too strong, but will still provide them with an advantage.
I'm afraid I don't understand... Do you mean that the GW could communicate with ordos during the Night? I can't see the advantage in that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
About the number of kills of the wolves. What is it you don't see - or what is it I say in such a muddled way that no one understands?

The question is whether three wolves can make two kills or do we need a fourth for them to make two kills. That has a big implication as if no wolf is killed on Day1 the wolves can start with two kills in the beginning of the game (Night2) and if no wolf is gotten the next Day they will have at least two Nights more of two kills per Night - if three wolves are enough for two kills per Night.

If we say three wolves are not enough for there being two nightly kills the wolves / EW actually need to play well to earn the second kill. On the other occasion they will get two kills for granted form the beginning unless they lose one of them on Day1.
I think you're making this unnecessarily complicated. Why not give the wolves two kills from the beginning and then change it to one kill when the village is small enough? And the number of wolves would affect nothing at all. I think it would be simpler and far less confusing. Are there faults in this system? (Except the one you mentioned, that it doesn't sound good narration-wise, but I'm inclined to think you'll be able to solve that. I mean, it doesn't make sense narration-wise that in the regular games the wolves only kill one person per Night in the first place, if you ask me...)

What about retractable votes and double-lynches? I'm against the latter, but could be persuaded to support the first, even though I'm inclined to be against it.

And Nogrod, you forgot to add that Brinn is Greenie's apprentice.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote