View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 03:09 AM   #330
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
A closer look at Menel (who along with Volo, is a top suspect):

Some quotes that grabbed my attention starting at the end of yesterDay and going into toDay:

His thoughts on Volo:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
We may have a wolf here, but with the emphasis on "may." If morm is a wolf, Volo probably isn't, as two wolves voting for Valier would be unlikely given last night's events. For the moment I'll just be watching Volo carefully.
He finds Volo suspicious, but simply decides to watch him carefully. This whole theory about if morm's a wolf, then Volo's innocent I don't like. If morm is lynched and turns out innocent, it gives him the opportunity to say, "hey, if morm's innocent, then Volo must be guilty." If it is a wolf-on-wolf attack and Volo's lynched and proven guilty, then it could easily put Menel in the clear because he was right about his theory.

Again, I don't like his post in #238 where he debates between morm and Green, and then chooses morm. Still could be a wolf save. I won't quote that post since I already did earlier.

Quote:
First of all, I remind you of the mysterious agreement that I mentioned between A Little Green, mormegil, and Rikae on the idea that Lommy is a wolf. Now that one of these three has been confirmed a wolf, it puts the other two under suspicion.
He mentions dead Rikae as a suspect here and later admits it was an honest mistake (post #319). While that is possible, he could've also purposely made reading mistakes to make him look unobservant and less suspicious.

Quote:
Finally, and this has nothing to do with A Little Green, I observe that Valier and Legate were the two choices for wolf kills. They were also the main suspects of Volo on Day 1. This suggests either a frame attempt or a double bluff, and with suspicions raised yesterday I'd tend to doubt the double-bluff. I suggest looking at Volo's main opponents at this point, plus a little pressure ought to be put on morm.
I can't remember who else mentioned this, but I agree, he's very quick to take notice of this which I find strange.

Quote:
Oh, and yes, Kuruharan, I forgot about Greenie's defense of morm. It fits the pattern well.
He's way too eager to agree with Kuru here.

Quote:
Anyhow, regardless of what happens, I agree that mormegil has to be lynched, and soon. If a double lynch is what it takes to kill him, I'm willing to go for it.
Okay, I really don't like that comment and it looks very suspicious to me.

Quote:
Oh, and I think that a double-lynch does have a lot of problems with it. I was too eager to lynch morm earlier to consider that. Arranging one intentionally will be problematic, and I suggest we just vote for those we think are guilty.
He takes that comment back, but flip-flopping really doesn't help at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menl
Mormegil is still my prime suspect, now more than ever. His frequent agreement with A Little Green and her defense of him, along with the mysterious shift in his playing style, just screams "I'm a wolf!" to me.
Quote:
Morm has had enough said about him already, and I'm planning to vote for him toDay.
He's really on morm's tail. He's so persistant, I would almost say that makes him look less wolfish because his actions do seem a little too bold for a wolf.

Quote:
Though I'm feeling a bit uneasy, as these quotes don't seem to suggest quite as much of a conspiracy as I thought there was. Maybe I'm reading too much into this. However, I don't really have a lot of other leads at this point.
Quote:
Actually, I'm not quite as sure of mormegil now as I was before. I'll take some time in the morning to check out his posts in detail, then put up an analysis. For now, though, I'll stick around to answer questions but I doubt I'll do much more here until after I've slept on it.
But then, suddenly he loses his boldness and changes his mind about morm, second-guessing his suspicions.

I must say, you're just looking furrier and furrier to me, Menel.