View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 03:58 PM   #16
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Good to see all you people taking part in the discussion!

And yes, time, time, time...

I do agree with people who say that you shouldn't play if you can't take the time for it. To me as well playing WW means using time, reading, thinking and writing. It's a game only when you actually play it and that takes time. I also understand Morm's point when there are twenty hyperactive players around it may get a bit over the top but that hasn't been the case in a long-long time. I kind of remember games where there were something like 5 pages of posting on just Day1!

Where to find time? Lhuna was questioning us adults... Well, we just make that time. It's easy when you just set your duties aside. One can fex. tell oneself that as I have such a stress with the work it does me good to relax with a game this evening and leaving the stressful duties. Those duties will certainly come to slap you to the face later but then you just have to deal with them.

There have been some other very interesting questions raised as well. I'll just make a few brief comments as I have a WW-game to play right now and need to go to sleep pretty soon (about 6 hours before I need to wake up in the morning...).

I hadn't thought of the situation as the old-school vs. the newbies as sharply as some of the posts do. But there may be a wisdom in there. All I wish to say at the moment is to encourage the "old-school" -people to come back and try it out once again. It's still fun and the newer players come known to you only by playing with them. (And btw. Legate, if you say I'm the one who just keeps playing please remember that I'm a newbie compared to Lommy...)

I'd both agree and disagree with Rikae. I'd disagree with the point of the games coming "formulaic" or to be a kind of multiple choice -list stuff. For example in the last game (Gil's game that is) I was the seer and Legate was the ranger. We won the game by being the last two persons alive after a few pretty nice manouvres. I don't think that has ever happened before and it was a most enjoyable game in many ways. There would be other examples as well.

But I'd agree with Rikae if we discuss the Day1's... Oh, the Day1 discussion again... I think many people have become a bit too careful by being too knowledgeable of the possible loopholes with which they can save their necks. So even if I'm happy no one kind of whines how they hate Day1's anymore they play it in a safe-mode that is not so fun anymore. It oftentimes looks like getting alive from Day1 is more important than having a good game. Rikae's destiny in the game we are playing right now is a case in point.

Also. If people are not whining about their hatred against Day1's anymore then also the games and the after-game discussions have turned into a more civilised enterprise. I think there haven't been any problems with people getting confused with themselves as persons and as players in a game in a long time. Also I think people are very much encouraging and positive towards each other. So those problems seem to have disappeared and that's a good thing indeed.

Finally I'd like to appreciate Estelyn's viewpoint. I can see that perfectly well!

Which nicely brings us back to from where I started; time, time, time...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote