View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
First let me applaud you Nogrod for starting this thread. When there's a problem, I like the whole 'cut the crap...how do we fix it?' attitude.

For me, time has certainly become a problem. Monday thru Thursday is work for 10 hours, and Friday thru Sunday it always seems like I'm doing something, and when I am not doing 'work,' I just want to relax and unwind. So, when a new game starts the first thing I have to ask is...ok am I going to have the time?

But, I will say it's not all about 'time' either, I know I've told several people I really have lost a lot of interest in the game. It used to be that I loved the social interaction, I loved the gaming...and in many ways I still do (I love to play Mob - which is exactly the same only instead of catching WW's you have to find mobsters).

At least, for my part, I agree with Rikae as I don't think WW becoming 'too serious,' or 'not serious enough' is the best way to describe why I've lost a lot of interest. It's kind of hard to explain as I've always liked that 'serious edge' as well as knowing 'it's just a fun game to play.' The seriousness, the competition, intensity, passionate arguments all added to the reasons I loved doing it. But in the end, it was a fun game, something to relax and enjoy. Now it seems, as Rikae said, too 'formulaic' or as I see it...too much like 'work.' The social interaction, and the game itself used to be something that could unwind me from all the work...but it has simply become just more 'work.'

I haven't even been keeping up with the games recently and it's due to the reasons I've said above. So, I really don't know what's been going on recently (just that it's been hard to get people to play). But I will say there definitely was an issue with some of the 'post game talks.' (Which prompted SpM to create this thread...definitely something that I agreed needed to be done at that time).

I sure hope that still isn't a problem, but if it is, this is all I'll say. I know there are certain 'downers who will disagree with the statement that there are some 'smart football [American football as a note] players' out there. But, one player, was asked about how his team has been 'lucky' in winning some of their games. He said, in response, that everything happens for a reason. These are all professional athletes that know how to play the game. Whether the defensive line creates pressure on the quaterback, forcing a bad throw, or they 'get inside the opposing team's head' there's always something that causes X to happen.

I think of WW the same way. Most of us have played this game a lot, as for new members on the downs, I know several of them have played WW or a similar game elsewhere. In a way we are all 'professionals,' we all know how to play this game. No one caused the 'team' (either innocent or werewolf) to lose, it's just whatever team won played that much better. It may sound arrogant of me, but when I lose, I know it's not something I did wrong, I simply got outplayed...or maybe you could say I got 'played like a fiddle.' :P

"You did that much better. You 'out did' me. Congradulations, you just wait until next game, let's see if I can get you back." Friendly competition, that always was a great spark to play. There was a time friendly competition turned into a 'blame game.' Like I said, I haven't checked in to recent games to know if that's still an issue. I just know it was at one time and was a reason as to why I've stopped.