View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:51 PM   #4
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Truth be told, I find it quite amazing that more than thirty games, not counting the Junior ones, have already been played for the last - I think three years or so. Yes, I agree it's a great game (understatement of the year), but I guess I never expected that people would keep it up for so long. Nor have I counted on the possibility of fresh corpses getting hooked to the game when the more decayed players start feeling, I assume, like they've probably already had too much of it.

I can't help thinking that there seems to be just so many ways of playing the game, whatever your role may be (although I'm probably just not strategic enough to find ways to further tap each role's potential). This could be the reason we come up with other versions of the game, to spice it up a bit. But everything still boils down to more or less the same strategies and logical arguments - and I'm sure we can all agree that's tiring work.

Which brings me to the more pressing issue: the younger players, who comprise a huge chunk of the Werewolf population, aren't getting any younger and any less busier. Some who used to have more time as high school students now find themselves without a chance to visit the Downs as they enter the university (Ang and tgwbs spring to mind). The others have climbed up the ladder of tertiary education, and things get crazier up there. Mind you, this is just my perspective, being one of those younger ones. I don't know how the minds of adults work so I can't speak for them.

As for the rest...they've probably just moved on.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote