View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #592
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Two votes is better for people with changing timetables.
Why so? If a variable timetable means that someone cannot be on-line at the end of a particular Day, they are disadvantaged whether the votes are retractable or not. In any event, most people seem to have fairly fixed times when they can be on. While non-retractable votes can disadvantage those who cannot be on-line at the Day's end to a degree, I think that it is less so than retractable votes, because, with retractable votes, much of the real action happens at the Day's end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
And I don't think that one vote brings more strategy, it brings different strategy, but two votes brings just as much.
True, but with retractable votes, the strategy is focussed much more on the Day's end, whereas it is spread more throughout the day with non-retractables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
And Sauce after this I was, as always rooting for the Wolves - how do you ever hope to survive Day 1 again?
Hehe. I meant as a spectator, of course.

I have a habit of rooting for underdogs. In the early days of Werewolf, when the Wolves were running riot, I tended to root for the innocents. These days, with innocents achieving greater ascendency, I tend to root for the Wolves.

When Volo was lynched on the first Day in this game, I thought that it was going to be another of those games where the villagers lynch themselves to their doom by killing innocents who are just acting too suspiciously to be Wolves (it was clear to me that he was innocent ) and Day 2 wasn't much better. Happily, though, you innocents turned it round with some much more clear and incisive thinking in the end.

As I recall, my suspects at the end of Day 1 were Celuien, Firefoot and Lal (and hence could understand Ang's misplaced kill). There is just something about the way Gifteds act that always make me think them Wolves. I am, of course, a seasoned Seer lyncher.

Hey, do you think I could get a job as a half-time summariser for Werewolf games ...
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote