View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 08:44 PM   #198
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, Firefoot, what can I say...it's kind of my personality. I'm usually rather saddened when people suspect me; I know it's silly, but I can't help it.

I'm beginning to think it's kind of odd how little we're hearing from Morm. According to my lorebooks, his family is usually rather vocal; confusing and strange, but vocal.

As for the people I said I'd look at:
Here's Gil:
#1 In character, silly, agrees Lommy and Mac are “suspicious”, worries that this makes him look suspicious, says he wouldn't do something so suspicious looking if he was a wolf.
#2 Votes for Boro because of Boro's suspicions of Cel. “Sorry but I must put this lovely pie of lynching in your face, ta ta”

#3 Assumes he'll be suspected, says “so go for it”.

#4 Boro is now a gifted...what?

#5 Boro could be bluffing; but won't vote for him.

#6 The way to survive is striking a balance. I wonder who he's talking to?

Very little to go on here, obviously. He does seem extremely paranoid about people suspecting him; still, I can kind of understand how that could be an innocent reaction. No one likes to get lynched. It's quite possible all the Gil-suspicion of yesterday was a bit of a red herring, especially since Mac, who tried to have him lynched, was killed. I don't think a wolf-Gil would try a bluff like that, though of course, I could be wrong.

And Anguirel (day one):

#1 Thinks Boro's attack on Cel weird; but thinks both are innocent.
#2 Thinks Roa suspects those who post the most; hopeful of catching a wolf on day 1; thinks Boro is not suspicious; let the specials “get on with it” and don't worry about it.
#3 Thinks Volo's behavior is wolfish, because he
a) Explicit about views on special roles “a tactic that may seem too risky for a wolf, but isn't actually that dangerous”
[Why not? Because it's often done by ordos!]
b) Voting for “a random person, probably Durelin” is a contradiction. [But is it really? Random just means he chose for no real reason; it doesn't mean he didn't choose yet. Actually, choosing early makes it more likely to be random.]
c) Thinks “shocked reaction to Boro's plight” was fake.
d) Thinks “left to the seer” is distracting and irrelevent. [although we have more info now, it did seem possible yesterDAY that one of the secret roles was a seer or similar.]
e) “better vote me” is standard martyring. [yes, but ordos have been known to do that as well]
#4 Nonsense is fun; there's a split between those who say trust nobody and those who trust – doesn't really clarify where he stands on this – votes Volo.
#5 Calls for Gil and Firefoot to change votes; suspects Mac because he's been “toying with Rune
#6 “Quiet and bloodthirsty? Well, yes, if not quite this extent, I suppose...”
#7 Thinks Eomer's suspicion of Firefoot sounds reasonable.
#8 Vote tally
#9 Asks Volo if he suspects me, says if so he can see his point.
#10 Doesn't really suspect Volo or Boro; wants Eomer to vote Mac with him.
#11 Beekeeper is off beekeeping...stiff upper lip, Volo.
And a Monty Python quote, which almost clears him of all suspicion in my mind! ...Almost.
#12 Doesn't want to change vote to Gil...still wants to lynch Mac
#13 Thinks Mac is subtly protecting Volo by voting Gil.
#14 “I am a quivering, wobbling, vaguely alcoholic zabaglione of indecision”
#15 Changes vote to Gil, claiming it's on a coin toss.
My overall impression is that he's a bit too casual, a bit too quick to shift blame. He seems to be hiding in sheer number of posts sometimes; of the four I've looked at, I'd say he looks the most suspicious.

Still, I'm not satisfied with this. I can't shake the feeling that the wolves are actually among those no one's looking at. I think I'll take another (quick) look at everybody else.

EDIT: Crossed with Durelin, second EDIT to bold names.
Durelin, if I didn't want to do lengthy analysis of posts, why did I just do four?
As for the swordsman, wasn't the sword given by an eagle? That would make him good, no?

Last edited by Rikae; 01-31-2007 at 08:57 PM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote