View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 08:26 PM   #196
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
So here's my thoughts on everyone right now. It's mostly just reactions and feelings rather than summaries and facts, so most of this isn't backed up by much. But I went back through and read all of everyone's posts, and this is where I'm at.

Rikae – I am not at all comfortable with Rikae. She says all the right things – and maybe that’s why I’m not comfortable. Maybe it has something to do with the way I perceive the tone of her posts – this quote in particular stood out to me.
Quote:
Roa, is it such a terrible thing that I prefer not to jump in, in the early hours of day one, with baseless accusations? It's always been my feeling that it's a good idea to spread suspicion around a little on day one, just to see how people react. As for good wolves also being good villagers, that should be obvious; a strong player is usually a strong player across the board. I was just saying I don't think we should lynch the ones we started the game fearing until they have given us some posts to analyse.
It’s definitely defensive, but not assertively so. It takes more of a “poor me” tone, especially that first sentence.

Thinlómien – I don’t have much of an opinion on her at this point, mostly because she doesn’t have very many posts yet. The word I would use to describe her is “happy” – or maybe “light-hearted” would be better… her first couple of posts anyway. I’ll go back and look at what others said about her, but she doesn’t seem all that suspicious to me.

Kath – I’m feeling pretty comfortable with Kath right now. Her points seem logical and honest and I can see where she’s coming from.

Rune – He has posted rather frequently but never at length, and this has been pointed out as possibly being wolvish. I might argue, however, that “posting a lot without saying a lot” is a better indicator of wolvishness when the posts are longer and appear more substantial. Rune seems to be taking the position of a passive responder rather than trying to move things along… which could be contrived as “flying under the radar.” (You know, for such a common cliché in this game, it really is anachronistic… ) I’m in the middle with Rune, possibly leaning innocent.

Boromir88 – I’ve already stated my thoughts on Boromir. Basically, I don’t think that we should lynch him.

Mithalwen – I don’t see much that’s suspicious at all about Mithalwen right now.

Lalwendë – She seems to be very opinionated, which I would expect of her. However, she doesn’t seem to be trying at all to be subtle or trying to shift blame around, and her comments generally seem honest. She seems likely to be innocent.

Farael – I’m not particularly comfortable with him either. I still find it rather interesting how he was able to make such a long and in-depth accusation of Lommy when I really don’t think that there’s that much there. If he’s a wolf, he’s certainly going about it in a loud way… but I’m not convinced he is. Right now I’m inclined to think he’s just a loud innocent, but I’m keeping my eye on him.

Naria - …

Anguirel – I’m inclined to suspect Ang, at least a bit. He always comes across to me as playing a subtler game… he doesn’t make a lot of accusations and tends to throw out logical ideas and theories in a mostly agreeable way. The one thing that struck me about him was that he was the first one to really go after Volo and was the first one to vote for him (at a time when numerous other people had votes), but as the Day drew to a close, he backed off of this suspicion. This to me seems very much like a wolf, basically fobbing his vote off on an innocent (who did, admittedly, appear very wolvish) whom he figured would not be lynched. He’s definitely on my more suspicious list.

Mormegil – There’s not that much out there on Morm. I would guess that his first post which contained a vote for Rune was designed more to get the ball rolling than as a serious vote, but I’m not sure that that means anything. I’m not going to make a decision on him yet.

Eomer – He hasn’t said anything yet that seems particularly suspicious… but I’m certainly not letting him off the hook that easily. He’s way too capable of anything for that.

Durelin – She’s been both logical and consistent so far – I’m not particularly suspicious of her.

Gil-Galad – I don’t really think he’s a wolf. As I said before.

Oy. That's a lot of posts to go through.

Right now Rikae and Anguirel seem to head my list for suspicion, but nothing's set in stone yet, to be sure.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote