View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #38
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
I would recommend that everyone drop a hint of innocence about a fellow villager or two in the following days as if you were the Seer and had dreamed that person innocent. That should make it easier for the Seer to hide.
This is also a good plan because if a non-gifted villager drops a subtle hint on who they think is guilty and turns out to be correct the penquins may kill him/her thinking they had gotten the real seer. Of course we would lose an innocent in the process, but our seer would be intake.
I think phantom's plan is a good one, but if everyone is dropping hints to mask the real seer we have to remember WP are doing it too. They can hide in hint-dropping as well.

Quote:
Macalaure=I do grasp that concept. What I don't grasp is your idea that everybody should act seerish at the beginning in order to hide the seer. This will cause a lot of fuss in which the werewolves maybe can hide, too.
Yes they can hide too, but think of it this way. We're all dropping hints, the WP's are picking through random hints trying to find our seer, they kill an innocent, another day begins with random hints, they pick another innocent. If they do end up getting the seer we will have hints to look at, a clever seer can make a dream into a hint that is easily decoded. And if we are in danger of lynching the seer one day, they come forward and reveal what they know. That night if the ranger is alive still he/she protects the seer and we are blessed with one more dream. In any case though the WP's can hide like the seer, the pros of phantom's plan outweigh the cons.

Quote:
Jenny=If you start speculating on who's gifted I'll be forced to distribute earplugs so the penguin-cursed on this little isle won't be able to hear you.
Thus assuming you know who the three cursed are, because I'm pretty sure you don't have earplugs for the whole village. Embroiderers don't make that much...

Quote:
Boromir=
Macalaure is just catching onto the game, which means he's one of the most innocent looking ones to me so far. His lack of understanding and his objection to phantom's proposal speaks towards his innocence. There's no reason for penguins to attract that much attention to themselves early in the beginning. Seems like he's your ordinary innocent that is trying to help the village.
I quite agree, though I'm not a fan of him using his newbie status in his first few posts, I think his speaking against phantom's plan speaks highly of him, at least for today.

Quote:
Anguirel=
Unless he himself is one of our foes and has already spotted a hint, in which case his proposed strategy is hideously ironic.
I don't think it really benefits a WP phantom to make such a suggestion. He could have picked up a hint, but I highly doubt the seer dropped a hint at this point. Boromir said he doubts phantom would be such a double-bluffer, today I'm inclined to believe that. I think it's too early for a WP to give a plan that so endangers their teammates, but of course I've been wrong about these things before. For right now I lean toward phantom being an innocent, though it may change as the days go on.

Quote:
Spawn=
His first post is a noble attempt to make an analysis with minimal amount of material. Maybe a bit too noble, actually.
I don't really find a lot of suspicions in Anguirel's first post. He's doing what he can with what he's got. I'd be more concerned with Anguirel jumping on phantom's ideas the way he does. He whole-heartdly agrees with phantom's cobbler and seer ideas without (or it seems to me) really giving thought to what might go wrong with them. Anguirel is a bit suspicious to me, but not overly so. I would like to watch him for a bit.