View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 06:04 AM   #31
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well, this is all very civilised. After the epic dimensions of the last village I lived in, just a page to be getting on with. In fact, I feel quite up to a post analysis.

Phantom: disses penguins. Second post, answers Roa by pointing out cobbler is clueless. Says it is possible to make up theories about anyone, innocent or guilty.
Third post: don’t worry about Cobbler. That a clever villager could, at crunch-time, fool the Cobbler by impersonating a WP. Tells the Seer not to hint until tomorrow. Asks people to drop hints about innocents to help hide the Seer. Says Spawn is a WP, presumably in jest.
Fourth post: says he hadn't thought of a self-vote, that people shouldn’t be able to vote for themselves. (Tell that to Nilp and Guy!) Continues to explain Seer theory to Mac, that Seer must remain hidden.

Roa: prefers to analyse than theorise. Worries about cobbler, and warns against “faulty logic or baseless assumptions” and people stating theory as fact.

Eonwe: jokes with Roa, and then agrees with both Roa and phantom about Cobbler.
Second post, jokes with Boro about strangeness, points out possibility of double or triple bluffs.

Diamond: jokes, votes for Eomer. I do sympathise…
Second post, talks about the possibility of the Seer revealing the Cobbler by saying “ignore what x says.” (A bit odd – if the Seer was revealing anyway, then simply saying x is a Cobbler should be more straightforward. And for the Seer to reveal for the sake of unmasking a Cobbler seems foolhardy)

Boromir: posts in character but then says odd things. Talks about the confusion caused by the cobber, and also agrees with phantom, that the cobbler doesn’t know anything, but then seems to say it is important to lynch him anyway, which is I think what Roa was saying.
Second post – finds Valier and Eonwe “too strange” to be WPs. Is good with Firefoot because of her Cobbler comment. Sees nothing in the posts of Roa, phantom or Diamond.

Valier – first post is vintage Valier fuzzy logic. It’s early days, of course, but her family are famous for their instincts, if they are innocent…

Firefoot: continues the Cobbler debate. Makes the point (correct IMO) that the Cobbler is only really dangerous when s/he survives towards the end.
Second post: points out (which Mac already did) that Cobbler and wolves could all vote for Cobbler.

Jenny: says Cobbler is useless without the werecreatures. Voices half-jokey suspicions of phantom?
Second post: Keeps talking about phantom’s suspiciousness, and mentions own innocence. Says we should stop talking about gifteds. Says phantom, Encai (who hasn’t posted yet) and Valier are avian.

Naria – checks in to say she’s tired.

Macalaure – points out his nervous newbie status. Interprets Phantom’s post as an invitation to random lynching. Re-opens Cobbler debate, makes quite interesting point about distinction between cobblers and WPs. Thinks the arguments of innocents will be more logical than those of the guilty. Again points to newbie status.
Second post: answers phantom’s point about WP impersonation by saying the WPs could all vote for the Cobbler. (A good answer, actually) Also argues that people shouldn’t impersonate Seer.
Third post: continues to argue with phantom about Seer Impersonation, pleads for logic rather than confusion.

Anguirel – wants to fight phantom, finds him sensible so far but also guilty til proven innocent. Thinks Eonwe’s contributions are slight, Diamond’s are worrying and Valier’s are normal. Thinks Boromir’s first post is unhelpful but his second better. Thinks Firefoot’s headless chicken suggestion is sensible (!?) and fears her most, along with Boromir and phantom, as WP.
Second post: answers Mac’s Seer point, and agrees with phantom – although he remembers phantom might be guilty and thus ironic. Then says he doesn’t want hints at all. Remembers phantom’s “deliberate lynching of innocent” scheme, disagrees with it.
Third post: answers phantom, points out lynched volunteer leaves no trail.

Spawn: Agrees with Seer Impersonation plan. Thinks Mac’s Cobbler point is correct but hopes it won’t come to that.
Second post: argues, but in reassuring way, with Mac. Thinks a few Seerish hints harmless, that while everyone will try to be reasonable only the WPs and Seer know things for sure.

Yet to post: Kitanna, Encataire

This analysis is as much for my benefit as everyone else's. At the moment, I can only presume my own innocence. Looking over it, I'm quite interested in a few things, such as people who seem to be taking up two points of view simultaneously, and Mac's and phantom's interplay. Back for more, later.

Last edited by Lalaith; 06-08-2006 at 06:07 AM. Reason: putting in line spaces for clarity
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote