View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 01:01 AM   #18
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Good morning, everybody!

So, this is my first Werewolf game and I have to say, I was a little bit nervous. Will I be able to detect a werewolf before they or my fellow villagers kill me?

And I haven't said anything yet and I'm already scary to Valier...

But then I was happy to read what the phantom wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Quote:
That said, we should be very careful concerning theories and reasoning, and look very closely for faulty logic or baseless assumptions, especially if someone keeps stating a theory as fact.
Honestly, there is no reason for an intelligent Cobbler (or WP) to do any of this. It is easily possible to form a good solid theory that incorrectly pegs an innocent as a WP or a WP as an innocent.

The possibilities are endless.

In past villages, my ancestors were able to come up with decent reasoning for why pretty much every single villager was a werecreature.
So we aren't supposed to think about convincing arguments for our votes but to lynch each other completely at random? That takes a lot of pressure off me, thank you.

As I see it, the cobbler's dilemma is, that he first has to detect his wolves and then put together arguments that are exactly contrary to his actual thoughts. Same holds for the Werepenguins themselves, with the advantage, that they can exploit unreasonable behaviour of innocents, whereas the cobbler will fall for this.

The easiest way to protect our selves and make life harder for penguins and cobblers, is to put together convincing, logical arguments for our votes and suspicions. This shoulb be easier to do for us innocents, since we don't have to "make something up".

Well - my thoughts... coulb be bogus... I'm new here.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote