View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
About said cobbler- lynching the cobbler would be no great loss to us earlier in the game when there are many of us. My greatest concern is that the cobbler, rather than getting him/herself lynched, will survive, and lead the village astray
But in order for the cobbler to purposefully lead us incorrectly, he will first have to know which way is correct (i.e. he must know who the WPs are).

But he doesn't know. He's as clueless as the rest of us. He may guess right who the WPs are, but he is just as likely as us to guess wrong, and therefore his leading may actually lead us to a WP, and he may defend an innocent thinking that they are a WP. There's no telling.
Quote:
That said, we should be very careful concerning theories and reasoning, and look very closely for faulty logic or baseless assumptions, especially if someone keeps stating a theory as fact.
Honestly, there is no reason for an intelligent Cobbler (or WP) to do any of this. It is easily possible to form a good solid theory that incorrectly pegs an innocent as a WP or a WP as an innocent.

The possibilities are endless.

In past villages, my ancestors were able to come up with decent reasoning for why pretty much every single villager was a werecreature.

Last edited by the phantom; 06-07-2006 at 04:52 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote