View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 12:06 PM   #516
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So I wrote an intro for Dream (with only a little help from Les Mis ), but now I wonder if I should not instead use this intro for Showdown and make Dream a little more slow and, hmm, dreamy. Thoughts?

I think I only realized now how much parallel there will be between the two songs, and how man different variations we can go with for each, especially at the end. For instance, some versions include a musical interlude before the final stanza, and some don't. Do we want to put in a stanza of music into both pieces, or just one, and which one if so - or maybe neither? Then, Beren and Luthien sometimes sing together, or sometimes Beren starts off and Luthien echoes (e.g. "let winds rage") before catching up with him on the 2nd or 3rd line.

Also, that line of Luthien's - "I will fight for that which always will be mine" - I still don't like it. It felt wrong in the past tense, it still feels wrong in the future tense. I don't know if it's the tense that is the wrong thing or something else, but it just sounds weird. Maybe in the present though it would sound less awkward, or at least raise fewer eyebrows. "I will fight to [synonym for defend? keep? restore?] that which is mine"? ...shield from harm? That sounds a bit too much like she's talking about Beren himself, whereas I think she's talking more about her love.